New Map: Choices

Started by ItsFunToLose, February 05, 2010, 02:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsFunToLose

Because life is all about making tough choices.

I'm back, and this time I've put together a pretty rad map that offers two completely different gaming approaches, lending to it some amazing replay value.

feedback is welcome and appreciated. 

Thanks and Good Luck.

Alwego

=)
good to see you again!

Nice map! Idea - was great.

But I expected more :(

8:40 / 8736

I hope it will be a little more difficult.

ItsFunToLose

which route did you choose?  I'm finding the blaster side to be a bit easier.  I initially had the starting terrain available for the blaster side drastically reduced and was finding it hard to get a foothold.  Overcompensation.  I'm working on a new map that probably won't be too difficult, but has a really neat start

edit:  found a way to make the start overwhelming.  give me a few hours and my next map might be mroe of a challenge

Alwego, Try this map, Adaptation.  Still beta testing it myself.  I believe it to be winnable. I found a way to take a strong foothold; I haven't followed through with it to victory, but I am certain this map is winnable.  If I get too many complaints, I will post my solution.  Have to transfer my files to my desktop, I would play through, but the game is too laggy on my dell mini.  Would take 2 hours to play a "30 minute" game

Edit2: Adding a new version of Choices.  Hopefully making the blaster side equal in difficulty with the mortar choice.

edit3:  Edited adaptation.   added spore waves, and removed drones.  good [expletive deleted - G.] luck

Alwego

I like reactors so I fly to southeast (in Choice v2 too). When there has stabilized I builid 2nd blaster(3 in v2), and back to the central island/mountain. Later I flew and took other nano schematics and back before my blaster lose all the ammo. Connected to southwest totem is easy. Northeast totem don't hard too. Need only 3-4 blaster and 2 drone (one i destroyed) to gain some space for relay.
My time in Choicesv2 - 13:14

Adaptation - interesting...interesting... Several times I thought that I lost but I managed to survive. I should earlier start building reactors.

Great maps :)