Experimentals

Started by lich98, June 23, 2011, 06:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lich98

I've been looking for maps to play with experimentals can anyone help me out
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

CobraKill

Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

lich98

-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

Fisherck

If I remember correctly, 10% of all maps are experimental maps. Not to hard to find... ;)

And if you want some hard ones, just about every map posted in the Impossible Code Maps thread are experimental maps (and just about them all are beatable too :P). Some less impossible then others... ::)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Discordmerch

Are all maps with Experimentals 0g with build in all directions?  I can understand the second as that is the best way to get enough energy, but are there any maps that use Exp that have gravity?

Fisherck

Nope. All maps that are zero gravity have experimentals and vice versa...
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Kithros

On low complexity experimental maps still have gravity - but then, on low complexity no map will be even remotely challenging.

Discordmerch

Quote from: Fisherck on June 24, 2011, 08:33:33 PM
Nope. All maps that are zero gravity have experimentals and vice versa...

Is there a game design/balancing reason for this?  Not complaining just something I noticed.

Hunter22222

probably noting how much dark beams cost to run

Fisherck

Quote from: Discordmerch on June 24, 2011, 08:59:25 PM
Is there a game design/balancing reason for this?  Not complaining just something I noticed.

I am not entirely sure, except that it may be to balance experimentals in the map. Zero gravity allow all-build directions (more energy for experimentals), but it also allows the creeper to move faster (as there is no gravity).
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Discordmerch

Quote from: Fisherck on June 24, 2011, 09:49:37 PM
Quote from: Discordmerch on June 24, 2011, 08:59:25 PM

I am not entirely sure, except that it may be to balance experimentals in the map. Zero gravity allow all-build directions (more energy for experimentals), but it also allows the creeper to move faster (as there is no gravity).

Ah, I didn't notice that all-build was limited to zero g, I wasn't making the connection.

Nemoricus

That's because all-build isn't limited to 0 G

look run shoe has down-left gravity and all-build.

I'm also pretty sure that there's also maps with 0G and limited build directions.

Fisherck

Yeah, there are all-build maps in other gravities. Just not many, but you can find them.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

mthw2vc

Quote from: Fisherck on June 24, 2011, 09:49:37 PM
As if multiplying all emitter intensities by twenty-five wasn't "balanced" enough :P

lich98

Thx everybody for oyur help
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra