Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1532: Autobuild FPS 8

Author: Auri
Size: 256x160

Shatterstep

AgRecluse

I still really, really like these maps  ;D
And I noticed you fixed the multi-point queuing bug! The whole thing plays butter-smooth now, so fun  ;)

I am curious about the rational behind the auto-cannon, what is it for? When you have enough points to max it, you're fighting creeper too deep for the auto-cannon to make an appreciable difference, I think. Maybe make the max level a mortar, instead? I'm going to go play with it some more 'cuz it's fun, but I still wanna know what I'm supposed to use it for.

Durikkan

Quote from: AgRecluse on May 14, 2021, 09:14:44 AM
I still really, really like these maps  ;D
And I noticed you fixed the multi-point queuing bug! The whole thing plays butter-smooth now, so fun  ;)

I am curious about the rational behind the auto-cannon, what is it for? When you have enough points to max it, you're fighting creeper too deep for the auto-cannon to make an appreciable difference, I think. Maybe make the max level a mortar, instead? I'm going to go play with it some more 'cuz it's fun, but I still wanna know what I'm supposed to use it for.

Well someone suggested it and I didn't have any other great ideas.  It's both fun and useful (though not at the level of a must-buy). I think it does hold up respectably even into late game.  It does 17%/33%/50% of your cannon dps, depending on how many points you put into it.  So maxed out, you can essentially be firing your mortar and also your cannon at half speed at the same time.  Or fire your cannon at 1.5x speed. 
I'm known as Auri in cw4.

CyberDyneSystems

Loved it. Another great map.

This one was less pressure, I am not sure if that's the map, or just me getting used to FPS for the first time in over a decade (I've only played Knucklecracker games fro at least 10 years!!!)

I was unsure about the autocanons as well. For some time I was unaware it was actually working, but I did finally notice the shots from it towards the end. (I did max it out, as this map was generous with upgrades)

thanks!

peepcode

Still the most enjoyable type of FPS maps. Huge thanks.

AgRecluse

After due consideration, I have decided I was dead wrong about the cannon drones  :-[. Now that I know what to look for and how it feels with and without them, I can tell they make a significant impact on your powah!

Though I still wouldn't get them without excess points near the end of a map. Like the regular cannon, they seem better suited for clearing creeper than holding territory.

Oh, and the map is still awesome  ;D each one of these is hours of fun for me!

Fabio pen