Custom Map #10683: Dealer's Choice. By: The Destroyer

Started by AutoPost, May 28, 2023, 06:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: POMie on June 05, 2023, 05:12:38 AM
Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on June 05, 2023, 03:51:01 AMMaybe, just maybe, one can (ab)use one special side-effect in this game, but I don't know if it will be enough
I couldn't get any benefit from it Martin but I look forward to hearing about your success!

not even close with my attempt. "Not even close" as in that it could never work, as it didn't even get close to the integer overflow I hoped to exploit.

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: D0m0nik on June 04, 2023, 06:37:55 PMIn theory you can start red, build one collector and then send the CN back to blue. You have time to take out about 15 or possibly 18 spores before they fire and then delete all collectors and just slowly move your CN around building nullifiers. This could take about 10 minutes though and would be a considerably worse tactic than conquering the blue island before sending the CN over briefly to collect the tech. You certainly can't start red and stay there so the map description is perhaps misleading.

so, we have to look at the definition of "starting" somewhere. If "starting" means that you land the CN somewhere, to immediately get the fruit out of there, then sure, you can start south. You also get the southern pickups that way.

But if "starting" means building a base that somehow survives there until the end, then wow, I want to see a recording for learning purposes. The author wrote further up in this thread, quote: "- And lastly, it is possible to start on red. However, it will be a very hard battle and you will need to relocate your Command Node quickly to the blue zone once you've gotten a foothold on red.", end quote. It would be nice to see how that's done. I believe a really good player may achieve this, but with the spores from the north and the strong Inhibitors, if anything, this is way above my skills.