Custom Map #10687: World 12. By: kaiden

Started by AutoPost, May 31, 2023, 10:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10687: World 12

Author: kaiden
Size: 210x90

Desc:
The first of three worlds that the Loki Outcast sent you to. Destroy all items and retrieve the first component from this strange mosaic world. #CRPL

Loren Pechtel

Those flooders are nasty.  One sneaking in can destroy basically your whole base.

toolforger

So many details that you have to do in time, but cannot do in advance due to lack of space/energy.
That makes it easy (and frustrating) to forget trivial things like building beams in time because concentration was on building energy supply, or getting enough firepower to prevent the normal creep, or having enough snipers to keep the flooders in check, or deciding whether energy or ore is priority right now (which isn't straightforward because both investments take a lot of time and creep can have advanced from yet another unexpected angle in the meantime).

I'm at attempt #5, and every single failure was due to some overlooked detail, and every overlooked detail has the potential to just kill you. Even if it does not kill you outright, you'll find that catching up is hard to impossible just because if you fight normal creep another flooder will creep in, and if you catch flooders then emitter creep will be very hard to keep in check.
I have yet to manage stabilization.

Not sure what I feel more about: The challenge (nice) or the frustration (horrible).

D0m0nik

One tip for this map, terp the level 10 run ways down to 9 and the units that zip along them can't get to your base!

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: D0m0nik on June 25, 2023, 06:32:23 AMOne tip for this map, terp the level 10 run ways down to 9 and the units that zip along them can't get to your base!

Yup, this is standard for dealing with the track-riders.  I can't imagine beating this if you didn't know that.