How do i change where save files go?

Started by Dumgui, September 19, 2022, 12:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumgui

Creeper World 4's save folder is currently almost 3gb and its filling up my Onedrive.  Onedrive will not allow me to simply stop backing up this folder and still allow the files to stay there.  I would like to edit a config file or something so that I can change it to somewhere that onedrive doesn't back it up.

Karsten75

First of all, in Options, turn off autosave, it saves whenever you exit, in other words, after ever map completion, it saves. 

Then I suggest you go in manually and nuke all the saves. 

You can do this on a regular schedule. If you don't, then with current implementation, whatever you do, this directory will grow and grow and have a lot of files and saves you'll never again need. (This is one thing that'll be different in the next game). 

The option to move that folder is not something you want to do, it involves editing Unity's PlayerPrefs in the Windows Registry. 

Dumgui

Oh I didn't think to look in Unity settings, thanks.
I want to keep my saves, because its the only way I can keep track of the fact that I already played a map.

Karsten75

Quote from: Dumgui on September 19, 2022, 06:23:19 PMOh I didn't think to look in Unity settings, thanks.
I want to keep my saves, because its the only way I can keep track of the fact that I already played a map.
there is a specific file, mcs.dat that keep track of map completions. It has nothing to do with save files.