Custom Map #8190: WEEKEND CSM PUZZLE. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, February 23, 2020, 10:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8190: WEEKEND CSM PUZZLE

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Experimental CSM fusion map with using new units from Mr.Hyphen. Attention: You have NO BEAM to protect enemy spore attack but you surely can find your smart way... Very hard CSM puzzle for enjoyable end of weekend! I hope so... #BravoCornucanis #BravoKajacx #BravoRegallion #ThanksToHyphen #ThanksToGoodMorning #ThanksToSMTaishan #GoodLu

Laithaldien

Gates
Gates are basically lvl10 terrain you can re-enable if things don't quite go as planned and you are fast enough, so that's a good thing. Should make maps a bit easier as well, since you don't
have to consider what threat removing terrain could create some distance away.
Can't build over and no nullifier to get rid of them, but space usually is not a big problem. Map makers could even play with that and prevent placement of relays and such without blocking (anti)creeper flow, or place them in an open state so you have to close them e.g. with the help of a power multiplier bomb.

Spores
The new spore throwers are at best nearly useless in CSM maps, at worst a threat you don't have the means to defend against.
You have to disable them in the beginning (like here) or probably die, so I consider them traps. Getting hit 10/20mins + initial delay into a map can be rage-quittingly frustrating.
Once yours, reload time (every 10/20 minutes) is too long, the payload too small compared with the creeper/second the powered up emitters can produce and spread over the map.
In their current state, they don't really add much.

D0m0nik

I like it but the special spores are only useful in the early game but looong reload, I resarted to ensure they were all friendly. The gates are handy and are a good addition as they speed up play.

Riskbreaker

about spore timer
Spoiler
is it by design that loading resets spore timer? it sure made things easier :P
[close]

-

Tricky start but not too bad after that.

Quote from: Riskbreaker on February 23, 2020, 04:47:04 PM
about spore timer
??? That's a feature.
Spoiler
It probably carried over the bug from AE-3 there. Things were set to reset on load when editing, but that line wasn't commented out before publishing.
[close]

yum-forum

Thanks for comments.
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

Game absolutely is not hard:

Spoiler
Main is to prevent in 2 points creation of Enemy Spore Towers production.
For this at the beginning
1. build one Terp. and create heght=4 terrain near blue color gate and 250K creeper emitter (with start delay)
2. send this Terp with ammo to create place fore future landing of CN
3. sent this Terp with full ammo to the right and then to the top and build terrain with heght=9 at the top/right to prevent creating 2 enemy spore towers
4. You can use friendly spore towers for activation Controllers of bridges, disabling Blue Creeper emitters near Armored Emitters (to prevent reincarnations), conversion of flip emitters in many points etc.
Problem was that it was not possible to set independently power of spores and interval.
Also not visible how lont time remains to start shooting.
P.S. This is surely not claims to Mr.Hyphen.
P.P.S. It was only experimental joke attempt to combine/add 2 new units in CSM game. Trying to make intrigue with necessity to prevent enemy spore tower creation and some tricks with using this friendly weapons
[close]

Good lu!
P.S. And once more thanks to Mr.Hyphen and Mr.Regallion for giving me possibility to create this LAST MAP. 
last

chwooly

8) 8) 8) 8)
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Loren Pechtel

Tricky start!

In the late game I was having trouble with the spore towers that are under our control firing too much at one spot and flipping.

On a second play-through this didn't happen, though.  I'm puzzled!

Hayden2e

Thank you for the map! I'm always happy to see a new CSM from you :)

I like the gates.

I think the spore towers are not a good addition to this map. I dislike the "trap" style at the beginning here, and later they're so slow I just ignored them.

Looking forward to your next upload!

Whistler

Cool map a tough start took me a few tries to get what needed to be done
Always enjoy your maps
my favorite style of map

yum-forum

Fresh video from DarkRubberNeck:   :D

P.S. Please subscribe to Master Dark channel in YouTube and support friend of our KC Community!
last

yum-forum

last

jro1998

Is there a way to speed up firing of extra towers?