General Questions

Started by D0m0nik, September 15, 2016, 01:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperTerminator

Quote from: virgilw on September 27, 2016, 08:54:35 PM
It will...
Right now (while the 9 versions of the game are building), I'm actually setting up fastspring and all of the non-steam stuff.  The addon pack won't be there on Thursday, I won't make the deadline for that. But next week perhaps.  All depends on how much of the sky falls on Thursday :)

This is how I imagine people will react to the game release on thursday:

This is how it will be for you:

It's been a fun ride, though it ain't over yet :P. The fun with this game has just begun :P.

Now, why build 9 versions of the game? I can understand 3 (steam, standalone, demo), but why 9?
I tried making CW3 custom maps once upon a time. I kinda failed. My maps were too large/stupidly long/stupidly easy. I think I only ever made one really good map, and its not for people who hate spores. I mean it'd be good shock therapy xD

Krossi

Win, Mac, Linux and for each: Steam, StandAlone, Demo, maybe??

Karsten75

Quote from: Krossi on September 28, 2016, 09:20:30 AM

This.

SuperTerminator

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 28, 2016, 09:43:39 AM
Quote from: Krossi on September 28, 2016, 09:20:30 AM

This.

Q_Q I'm an idiot xD. That makes sense, shoulda figured that out xD.
I tried making CW3 custom maps once upon a time. I kinda failed. My maps were too large/stupidly long/stupidly easy. I think I only ever made one really good map, and its not for people who hate spores. I mean it'd be good shock therapy xD

jbrush13

plus probably x32 and x64 versions

Th3ch053n0n3

So when my energy mines take damage, I can never tell if they heal over time. Do they automatically heal, or do they need to be destroyed and rebuilt to return to full health? If it's the latter, could you add in the ability for lathes to repair mines post-release?

Tjgalon

Quote from: Th3ch053n0n3 on September 28, 2016, 11:23:12 PM
So when my energy mines take damage, I can never tell if they heal over time. Do they automatically heal, or do they need to be destroyed and rebuilt to return to full health? If it's the latter, could you add in the ability for lathes to repair mines post-release?
They will heal them self over time

Th3ch053n0n3

Quote from: Tjgalon on September 28, 2016, 11:29:29 PM
Quote from: Th3ch053n0n3 on September 28, 2016, 11:23:12 PM
-snip-
They will heal them self over time

Actually, that would be a good feature anyway, now that I think about it.... there are some of the demo maps where I've had a lathe sitting right next to a damaged mine, and nothing to do with it, because I'm currently fighting off a wave or something else of the like.