Code Maps: Slog Missions

Started by eudrick, June 16, 2011, 05:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eudrick

Some of us really like to slog it out.  Post those type of missions here.

help once jump  Large/ High  Watch out for the 2 breakout emitters at the start.  After that build a large infrastructure, you're gonna need it.
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

Cotters

what is a slog mission?  ???

CobraKill

Not really much skill involved, just time consuming and fighting.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Cotters

O, Ok. So basically all the large/complex one's with less-than preferable space for reactors... that take a long time..

doing Cotters on large/high was a slog for me. I'm not sure how much of it was from my lack of skill, but it took me over an hour game time. So that's  like 3 hours. first, and last slog i'll be doing.

CobraKill

Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

xing

Xing Large/High

Certainly  a slog :D

MadMurphy

Quote from: eudrick on June 16, 2011, 05:27:02 PM
Some of us really like to slog it out.  Post those type of missions here.

help once jump  Large/ High  Watch out for the 2 breakout emitters at the start.  After that build a large infrastructure, you're gonna need it.

Just played that one, good find. Recorded my first attempt.

eudrick

the can here L/H  It's a tuffy:  limited terrain and the nature/location of the titan makes it hard to direct kill.
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

Katra

Chakat Forestw large/high  89.4m emitter in large chamber with drones. Took me at least 15 minutes to manage to nullify the emitter with all the energy I could generate - about 50 - and very little ore. (Maybe if I'd started from the other end of that big chamber ...)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

deathsandwich

Almighty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Large/High

I found the start of this pretty tricky, but the end was ridiculous! This map has no phantoms, but plenty of drones to start with and a huge 177.9 million emitter at the bottom. (No Experimentals!)

It was a great rush when I destroyed that last emitter!  :D
Keep some of the crystals; I think you will need them at the end...

Kithros

Personally, if one were to define a slog as a map that takes an extremely long amount of time without involving much skill - I think you would be hard pressed to find any code map that would truly fit to that description. There are plenty of long maps, and in some cases they can be boring certainly - but by playing properly you can still vastly improve your time, and skill is still a very significant factor on these maps.

TonyP2000

I found the motherload...

Possibly one of the sloggiest slog fests ever in the code map database.

down ground run L/H

No experimentals yet it has a titan emitter of 67.6 mil. Lots of drones and limited ore.
The max emitter is boxed in a cave of 15 spaces; it got really dense in there. The gravity is pointed up for some reason. And to make things even more bizarre, you can only build under ground...

Enjoy slogging it out!
Vote Tony!

Measure

Just took down my first Titan emitter, if I'm reading it right, at 113 million. Found in a large chamber with some fields and two other large emitters to be taken out first.

I finally figured out how to keep energy production on steroids on a permanent basis with the crystal assist, was using 110 energy constantly for the last 10 minutes or so.

August 14, 2011 L/H

about to make my final strike:

Spoiler
[close]

cclloyd9785

Was that an exerpimentals map?

And lol I love doing missions that take a long time.  I always do missions like those when on a car ride or something.

Measure

Quote from: cclloyd9785 on August 12, 2011, 07:16:28 PM
Was that an exerpimentals map?

And lol I love doing missions that take a long time.  I always do missions like those when on a car ride or something.

No experimentals, but I do wonder if I could have beat it if I didn't have omni-directional building.