Story walkthroughs

Started by Karsten75, May 17, 2011, 01:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Just uploaded Day 18. Virgil donated the CW2 music, if anyone is wondering.

Mare

Day 10:
I love the sped up music in the game, makes it sound fun.
I will do day 12 next.

I found someone who did day 20 already, maybe you want to add his video?

Day 20: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOqQSX9Zqw&feature=related
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

MadMurphy

I recorded myself when i went through the story and uploaded them to YouTube. I am sure they aren't the best times for each level but this is just how I go about fighting the creeper.

Here is a YouTube playlist with them. you can add some of the ones to your list that you don't feel like doing.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL9F21A35D5D1B8C47

Mare

Quote from: MadMurphy on May 21, 2011, 04:52:07 PM
I recorded myself when i went through the story and uploaded them to YouTube. I am sure they aren't the best times for each level but this is just how I go about fighting the creeper.

Here is a YouTube playlist with them. you can add some of the ones to your list that you don't feel like doing.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL9F21A35D5D1B8C47

OH YEAH!!! WE GOT ANOTHER CONTRIBUTOR!!! AWESOME!!! Thanks for the playlist, we will be sure to credit you for any videos we accept from you!!!
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

cnap

Quote from: Emmote on May 17, 2011, 04:40:09 PM
Nice. I would say though that being able to hear you hit the space bar all the time is a little distracting. Can't you just record the game sound?

Also, the sound seems to be out of sync too.

But yeah, anyway, good videos.

ohh come oh guys - he's taking time out to HELP the rest of us that are loosing hair tryin to complete it and failing significantly!!! give him a break!!

I thank you for the videos - they help point out where i am going wrong!! :P

MadMurphy

Just created a playlist of myself doing the bonus missions

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLCE3802D7856C21DB

You can use these if you want not an issue with me. I think on a few of them came up with some clever solutions.

Grauniad

Guys, keep this on-topic for video walkthroughs, and not  just one-shot advice deals. I'm moving two posts to the relevant day (if I can find it).
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

creeper killer

Of course GCL would get in the way, it takes like a week of continuous playing to beat, the unpremium part, lol. well, nice vids.
Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)

Emmote

I just played and recorded Story 10 because I saw it wasn't on the list, but then I saw Mare post it on page 2, so I don't know if you'll want to use it or not.

But here it is anyways:
My mind rebels against stagnation.

Mare

Quote from: Emmote on May 27, 2011, 04:01:40 PM
I just played and recorded Story 10 because I saw it wasn't on the list, but then I saw Mare post it on page 2, so I don't know if you'll want to use it or not.

But here it is anyways:

Actually, Yours is faster than mine, but thats because I usually want to play it on the hardest difficulty possible. In a way, your vid is better. Good job!!!

UpperKEES

Quote from: Mare on May 27, 2011, 04:12:16 PM
I usually want to play it on the hardest difficulty possible.

What's the use of playing the hardest way possible when recording a video as a walkthrough for others?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Mare

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 27, 2011, 05:53:30 PM
Quote from: Mare on May 27, 2011, 04:12:16 PM
I usually want to play it on the hardest difficulty possible.

What's the use of playing the hardest way possible when recording a video as a walkthrough for others?
To show them how to get through it, think of it as training. If you beat it on harder difficulty, then lower difficulty levels should be easy for you.
BTW, When I record, I don't always play on the hardest difficulty, sometimes I'm too lazy so I just play it normally.

Kithros

If anyone is interested I've uploaded one of day 20 without using any crystals. While it isn't a walkthrough exactly (unless you really want to pause a completely absurd number of times), it can show some of the strategies that can be useful on day 20. At the end I was a little sloppy, I opened the front door to the chamber a few seconds too early each time (I was supposed to let all the drones go to the left before opening it), and I probably shouldve built the dark beams a bit farther back, but I wasn't being particularly careful because I knew I could save/load.

eudrick

Nicely Done Kithros...but that's a heck of a lot of work  :P  Although, finding new challanges in the game as offered (UNTIL the map editor is available) is a laudable task.  Based on what I've seen of your posts and your You Tube offerings I'm betting you'll come up with some interesting challanges of your own.
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

Grauniad

Quote from: Kithros on May 30, 2011, 04:37:08 PM
If anyone is interested I've uploaded one of day 20 without using any crystals. While it isn't a walkthrough exactly (unless you really want to pause a completely absurd number of times), it can show some of the strategies that can be useful on day 20. At the end I was a little sloppy, I opened the front door to the chamber a few seconds too early each time (I was supposed to let all the drones go to the left before opening it), and I probably shouldve built the dark beams a bit farther back, but I wasn't being particularly careful because I knew I could save/load.

Phenomenal. What I admire is the self-discipline required to throttle your building activities to the extent that you never dip into the existing pool of resources.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon