Main Menu

Survival Mode?

Started by BL24, March 13, 2011, 11:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

I see now
EDIT: bit too big?? XD
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

UpperKEES

Don't abuse it please (just like colors and such), as people won't like it.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Michionlion

Quote from: UpperKEES on March 17, 2011, 05:05:18 PM
Don't abuse it please (just like colors and such), as people won't like it.

yeah... first time i actually found out how to do it... they keep it so secret... ;)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

I'll start work on a survival mode map soon! I'll let you guys know.

UpperKEES

Ebon Heart

This weekend, I promise I'll post a survival mode map. Keep on the lookout for it!

UpperKEES

So if you cap all emitters you shouldn't charge the totems but keep adding more blasters until you reach the 32 packet limit and then quickly charge them before it's too late?

Ebon Heart

Pretty much... New emitters will start around the edges every minute... I think I'm gonna put the city in the middle, and have you surrounded. I might have some pits and stuff as well to make it less boring.

UpperKEES

You know you can also increase the intensity of existing (already working) emitters by stacking them?

Ebon Heart

indeed I do... but if they get capped like that, then people can just keep adding new blasters to what's capping them, and it won't be much of a problem.

Michionlion

when they increase, have them 'flare' before settling down, and that might dislodge any blasters.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

ya... but there's a certain point where, if you get enough stuff around them, you can cap nearly anything. short of an intensity 1000 burst, there's not much to do to stop that. and Even intensity 1000 emitters can be fought back, mthw2vc has proved that.  And the purpose would be to see how long you can survive, not see how far you can push... Trust me, what I'm working on should be pretty neat.

gabbyorjake

I know of a map called perfect tsunami that is like it but you hae to play by the rules ;)

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on March 17, 2011, 09:54:38 PM
This weekend, I promise I'll post a survival mode map. Keep on the lookout for it!
Goal for the week... work on keeping promises.

Hunter22222

To do the survival map wouldn't it be easier to ask the map editor that they will switch the score placement?