Dutch PC-Gamer review: Great Game!

Started by dePoPo, October 30, 2009, 05:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dePoPo

Greetings,

Played the demo after seeing a positive review in the Dutch PC-GAMER edition, and instantly bought the game :)

I'm some 20 missions into it now, and i loved every minute of it. The games classief like games like Harvest and Defense Grid in style, and i especialy like the build-a-grid-and-expand concept.

If you ever get round to a v2.0 version there is one thing i would realy like to see: MASSIVE MAPS  :) Where you can expand for an hour before covering all of the space. In games like Harvest and the goold old Total Annihilation that gave battles that lasted for 4-6 hours. The Creeper concept would (i think) translate very well to a massive scale style and give epic struglles against the flood of blue goo :) .

knucracker

Hey... that's great to hear!

I didn't realize the game had a review in pc-gamer yet (any edition).  Is there a URL for the magazine you read the review in?  I get the US version of PC Gamer, but I assume the dutch version is different.

dePoPo

hmm slight correction - it's pc-gameplay, not pc-gamer  :-[ :-[ - November 2009 Issue

here is a scan of the article- overall it's a postive article with a high rating. Below a loose translation of the last section:

The gameplay of creeper worlds reminds of Harvest:Massive Encounter, but instead of building a base that you just have to keep standing and in the end will be doomed to go down, Creeper world has clear objectives tyou have to meet, en enables you to endlessly escape from an enemy that is not only original - but also offers a remarkable threat.
Some of the levels are quite difficult and you will more then once curse and shout when the Creeper swallows your turrets thet have fallen without ammunition. But exatly that is the charm of the game, that aims for the persistent [players]. The graphics and sound are sober, but it is the gameplay that counts, we dont have to explain that to you anymore.

knucracker

Quote from: dePoPo on October 30, 2009, 02:22:47 PM
hmm slight correction - it's pc-gameplay, not pc-gamer  :-[ :-[ - November 2009 Issue

Well that's awesome too...   Good press is hard to come by so it's always a thrill to get it.
You know the Netherlands continue to impress me with their per capita gaming interest.  For its population size, gaming is HUGE in the Netherlands.

Quote from: dePoPo on October 30, 2009, 02:22:47 PM
here is a scan of the article- overall it's a postive article with a high rating. Below a loose translation of the last section:

Thanks for scanning and translating this...  very cool.

JahWarrior

the same here
after reading the article in PC-Gameplay i tried the demo and bought the full game.
great game
btw PC-Gameplay is a Belgian magazine, not a Dutch one -> population is even smaller than the Netherlands ;)

dePoPo

Ah :) Never noticed the publisher is belgian, The magazine is in all bookstores and supermarkets over here, so it's well distributed in the netherlands.

I almost completed all conquest and special ops by now, so after that it's on to the level editor for some creativity !
(oh and for version 2 pleeeeese make the maps 10 times as big ! i want to see those nodes flow for ages, so energy management becomes a challenge in itsself :)   )

dePoPo

Time to dust off this 4 year old thread to say THANKS for the bigger maps i requested !!!  3 is a blast. (/grin)

Cavemaniac

Quote from: dePoPo on October 07, 2013, 11:58:55 AM
Time to dust off this 4 year old thread to say THANKS for the bigger maps i requested !!!  3 is a blast. (/grin)

Holy smoke - this is a blast from the archives!

You must think all of your Christmases have come at once with the release of CW3!!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

J

Can't they also do a nice review for CW3? I'd love to see a CW3 review in my native language :P

Cavemaniac

Quote from: J on October 07, 2013, 04:55:24 PM
Can't they also do a nice review for CW3? I'd love to see a CW3 review in my native language :P

Alternate strategy - how 'bout you submit a review of CW3 to them?

;)
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

dePoPo

I Submitted CW3 to reddit but sadly it didnt take off. That would have made some creeperwaves:). Anyway, tipping a few magazines around here can never hurt - who knows :) CW3 is more then worth it - this kind of (fun*hours)/money factor games is very rare.

J

Quote from: Cavemaniac on October 07, 2013, 05:34:44 PM
Quote from: J on October 07, 2013, 04:55:24 PM
Alternate strategy - how 'bout you submit a review of CW3 to them?
I thought, why not let V do all marketing, he is the one who knows how to do it. Btw, does an actor ever send a review to someone about something he made himself?

knucracker

Many review sites only notice games when they get several requests for coverage from folks _not_ directly affiliated with the publishing company.  It shows interest in the playing population... so if you visit a site that does reviews of game, drop CW3 in their suggestion box or send them a message about it.  At worse they will ignore it and at best it might be the message that tips them to do coverage.

knucracker

Btw, the Dutch PC-Gameplay magazine that reviewed CW1 years ago... they contacted me the other day for a press copy of CW3.  So, it looks like CW3 might get some coverage in  the coming months :)

pawel345