Started by AutoPost, March 15, 2023, 06:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10566: 148-Spring Is Comming

Author: Rennervate / AlexX
Size: 129x255

Desc:

Loren Pechtel

Whew!  Long battle but I got it on my second try.

D0m0nik

Well Spring is dragging it's heels over here in blighty. This map cheered up a very drab day, brilliant map, loved the intricacy of the start!

wolfgoesmoo

I thought this one was really well balanced, I also got it on my second try. Just enough weapons available to be interesting for most of the map, but not outrageous. The Bertha arrives just in time to make cleaning up the end not drag too bad. Reasonable balance on the available aether. Very nice.

rennervate

thank you all for playing and for the kind words. originally the map was much too difficult for me. After I then interrupted the levels with void in 2 places and had reduced the digitalis, it was quite easy to play.
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: rennervate on March 16, 2023, 03:43:53 AMthank you all for playing and for the kind words. originally the map was much too difficult for me. After I then interrupted the levels with void in 2 places and had reduced the digitalis, it was quite easy to play.

If the two big empty areas had a lot of digitalis originally and they were carrying creeper from the big emitter it definitely would have been a lot tougher with the time pressure.

hawgwash

Another great map Alex.  I agree with the comments of the others.  I usually only play longer maps like this one once.  But you're last couple I've played 2-3 times.

rennervate

thank you too for the kind comment! Unfortunately, I often have to play the maps several times more before uploading them
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

IanD

Very nice indeed. 5 hours on my second try, but worth it. Breaking out from the starting area was an interesting puzzle.

Spoiler
An early guppy to sort out most of the spores was essential.
[close]

The only thing I would suggest is allowing the Forge a little earlier (and a totem). Personal preference really.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: IanD on March 24, 2023, 12:20:55 PMVery nice indeed. 5 hours on my second try, but worth it. Breaking out from the starting area was an interesting puzzle.

Spoiler
An early guppy to sort out most of the spores was essential.
[close]

The only thing I would suggest is allowing the Forge a little earlier (and a totem). Personal preference really.

That's common in his maps.  If it's possible it needs to be done.