Custom Map #7676: Regallion's ABSORBER. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, August 24, 2019, 01:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7676: Regallion's ABSORBER

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
CSM-141 with new unit created by ScriptMaster Regallion. Absorber like temporary wall which can accumulate creeper or anti-creeper and then throw it away in nowhere. This is first version of unit and not yet ideal. We wish to you good weekend and Good lu! :) #BravoCornucanis #BravoKajacx #BravoRegallion #BravoVirgil #CreateDreamCreeperWorld

Riskbreaker

i'm missing something...no initial ac emiter, no way to release the big pool and not enough creeper on small pool to capture anything

EEderle

Riskbreaker

it makes me wonder if during his testing, the switch #2 was open...because that would make sense if it was

or he removed the light blue emiter and forgot to put it back :P

EEderle

yum-forum

Yes. Very possible to start without initial AC emitter as it was in one my previous map half year ago.
One easy trick but I don't understand why so many players do not find out...

Hint:

Spoiler
1. Open small pool and get micro-chip to increase energy production.
2. Build 4 Terps and send to up and down place from big pool.
3. Build 2 Guppy and send it to sended before 4 Terps.
4. When 4 Terps and 2 Guppies will be ready start TERRAFORMING Big pool to level 7 or 8 by 4 Terps together
5. Be care that you also build some wall - do not permit anticreeper to go out through arrows.
6. When controller of bridge #2 became active - open bridge and remained AC will go via yellow gate and will permit to convert flip emitter near CN
Sounds not easy but this tricky way (like starter for car's engine  :D ) quite doable.
[close]

Sorry for this tricky idea in gameplay and Good lu!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

DoomDutch

Sorry mate, but that mechanic sucks. Hate it before, hate it now.

Quote from: yum-forum on August 24, 2019, 06:05:09 AM
Yes. Very possible to start without initial AC emitter as it was in one my previous map half year ago.

Hint:

Spoiler
4. When 4 Terps and 2 Guppies will be ready start TERRAFORMING Big pool to level 7 or 8 by 4 Terps together
5. Be care that you also build some wall - do not permit anticreeper to go out through arrows.
6. When controller of bridge #2 became active - open bridge and remained AC will go via yellow gate and will permit to convert flip emitter near CN
Sounds not easy but this tricky way (like starter for car's engine  :D ) quite doable.
[close]

yum-forum

So very crazy hard/difficult just to send 4 Terp and 2 guppies and terraform terrain?  ??? :-[
last

Riskbreaker

i felt like the 1700 ac height gave the oposite idea, that crossing the void was a no-no :P

is there a height cap in the game? (like emiters limited to 2000/X)

edit. i guess i could have at least tried things...
i mean, i know i've played levels that didnt start with ac emiter, they were fun too...now forcing a cross through the void in csm, thats new to me :)

so expect more people to dismiss the possibility and get confused as well haha

Wineblood

Hint:

Spoiler
[close]

I actually don't understand what we're meant to do based on what you said. Also, why would you add this when it's the first absorber map? Just let people try it out with a standard start and get feedback.

I really like your maps but this frustrated me.

Keeno

Another Epic map. Really tough start and had to use the spoiler to work it out.

I love all your maps - you are by far the best map maker out there. I have been trying to complete all of your maps but it is a bit of an epic task
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

Schizo

I don't know why there is so much hate for this map.  I beat it first try without much difficulty.  Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you have to be rude to Yum.  His/Her first language is NOT English.  So, the instructions may not have been clear to everyone.  Instead of just giving the map a 1 out of 10, how about you ask others for advice.  I could have given you advice on how to play the map.  I think what I am trying to say is that some of you really should calm down.  Yum has made a TON of maps for everyone in at least 3 Knucklecracker games.  And all for FREE.  Show some appreciation, not hate.

Schizo

Quote from: Keeno on August 24, 2019, 07:45:25 AM
Another Epic map. Really tough start and had to use the spoiler to work it out.

I love all your maps - you are by far the best map maker out there. I have been trying to complete all of your maps but it is a bit of an epic task

I have been trying to complete all Yum's maps too. :)  And I agree, Yum is the best map maker.  There are some other great ones too, but I am half asleep and I can't remember all the names.  Foxx is another great one too.

Syrcan

I spent 1 hour in-game time starting off with the small pool with 30 layers of AC, the singularity cannon helped me capturing 1 emitter with an output of 30 but then I was stuck... until I checked the spoilers.

Starting with a pool of AC rather than an emitter is neat, I like it... but probably not when you have to use a completely unintuitive mechanic (making AC overflow into void / height 10). It doesnt seem to fit the theme of CSM thus far.

The rest of the map was good, as always. The new unit by Regaillon seems to have so much potential, even in non CSM. Looking forward to creative uses of that one!

yum-forum

Quote from: Wineblood on August 24, 2019, 07:25:00 AM

Hint:

Spoiler
[close]

I actually don't understand what we're meant to do based on what you said. Also, why would you add this when it's the first absorber map? Just let people try it out with a standard start and get feedback.

I really like your maps but this frustrated me.

OK. I prepared and uploaded version of this map with more easy start. :-[

And in attachment screenshots - better than read explanation in my bad English...
last