Custom Map #53: MD 3: The Plan

Started by AutoPost, August 23, 2011, 12:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #53: MD 3: The Plan

Author: Fisherck

Desc:
The plan is finally revealed on what mission the winners of the test will recieve. And against the counsel's will, you find yourself in the midst of it.

Fisherck

This is a space map, but not a normal space map. The gravity is 8 Gs pointed at you. ;) I also revealed the series name, because it is kind of a giveaway to a part of the storyline to the series. :P I rennovated my space tiles for this map. I got off the red part of the ground, and made it brown. And got rid of the hideous red solid tile. :D I replaced that with a more pleasing the eye brown rock. I also lightened the color of the main tile a bit.

My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Ranakastrasz

Sqaz

Enjoyed it, as suspected ;D

Spoiler
I do have to ask though if it's once more on purpose that you can move the LS to the bottom and quickly Nullify the emitters there
[close]

Also a nice story, and a nice diversity of maps.

Fisherck

Quote from: Sqaz on August 23, 2011, 12:07:56 PM
Enjoyed it, as suspected ;D

Spoiler
I do have to ask though if it's once more on purpose that you can move the LS to the bottom and quickly Nullify the emitters there
[close]

Also a nice story, and a nice diversity of maps.

Now I got to play this map again! ;D No, I did not originally intend for that to happen. Oh, the ingenuity of players. ;) I thought I had looked well enough, but I guess not. At least I did not keep the storyline to that tactic though. ::) Still, this is a very aggressive technique, and my originally intended technique will keep you safe for a long time.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Sqaz

Quote from: Fisherck on August 23, 2011, 12:22:58 PM
Now I got to play this map again! ;D No, I did not originally intend for that to happen. Oh, the ingenuity of players. ;) I thought I had looked well enough, but I guess not. At least I did not keep the storyline to that tactic though. ::) Still, this is a very aggressive technique, and my originally intended technique will keep you safe for a long time.

Wouldn't call it that aggressive, the 8G keeps you safe for a long time.

But I'm glad I found an unintended tactic on a map of yours :P.

Fisherck

Well, this new technique works. I knocked 3 minutes off. ;) It is funny playing a map 2 very different ways.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Katra

Quote from: Sqaz on August 23, 2011, 12:50:23 PM

Wouldn't call it that aggressive, the 8G keeps you safe for a long time.

But I'm glad I found an unintended tactic on a map of yours :P.

Well; you do have to fly through a lot of creeper getting to bottom. (I snagged one white crystal on the way.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Helper

Just found this series and having a ball playing through it.
Very nicely done!

Fisherck

Quote from: Helper on August 21, 2013, 04:56:08 PM
Just found this series and having a ball playing through it.
Very nicely done!

I'm glad you like it! :) Unfortunately I lost steam before I reached the end of the series, and life caught up to me so I never managed to finish it... And with CW3 coming out, it's unlikely that I will get around to doing it :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Helper

Understood.
The work involved in a real series (dialogue/story line) is impressive.
If you get the bug to continue, maybe they'll rift right into CW3.
(same comment posted at MD 9.)
Thanks again.