Custom Map #9990: Double Offensive V0.5. By: Dark6al3a

Started by AutoPost, April 21, 2022, 04:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9990: Double Offensive V0.5

Author: Dark6al3a
Size: 256x100

Desc:
Title explains the playstyle, I'll make more versions of it based on the feedback on the forum and Discord I wanna see someone actually hold the Central hill without retreating from it It was very fun making this, and this is just a test, not the real one Hopefully some people will give me feedback Anyways....Enjoy!

Dark6al3a

Finally Uploaded
was 60% done about a week earlier, But I couldn't finish it untill now

Looking forward to feedback, Mainly from Helper and D0m0nik

I wanna see someone actually hold the central hill, If someone does, please show me a screenshot

This is only the first Upload, I'll make at least 2 more, Based on feedback, so please tell me if there's anything to be Improved

Now to on to the next map series.....
Waiting for Something to Happen ?

Dark6al3a

( For Helper )
I  actually left the Central Base and retreated to the Eastern one, I used air support and Bertha from the western base, while the Eastern Base kept Attacking
I used Guppies to supply each base with what it needs

When the Eastern base finished the Offensive, I took the North western Island and used it as an outpost for landing
After landing, Both bases were Attacking until I retrieved the Central Hill

Where was the Central Base all that time ? I used it as a reactor for the Eastern base LOL

But I haven't actually tried to hold the Central hill

Helper

Thanks for all that.
I'm still experimenting and will try some of your techniques.
This is good stuff.
Thanks,
H

Dark6al3a

Quote from: Helper on April 22, 2022, 10:09:33 AM
Thanks for all that.
I'm still experimenting and will try some of your techniques.
This is good stuff.
Thanks,
H
Which base is troubling you the most to hold ?
If the eastern one, Then try placing mortars on power zones and hold the higher ground

If the western one, Try to place a good amount of beams in the front, If there's no space, put them in the backlines, Their range is good enough

If the Central one, Then...Try Letting the base die ?

D0m0nik

Brilliant! I loved this. Mult-tasking heaven, 3 bases to manage at once. I found the middle was easy to maintain:

Spoiler
No guppies needed, just fly all of the preloaded bombers over it, fly a couple of sprayers to it and support it with staggered berthas.
[close]

D0m0nik

I had a tough week and this and a cold beer or two was the perfect tonic. The map was very challenging, that time took me over two hours to dial in so please don't think you made it too easy. It was balanced just right. 

Dark6al3a

Quote from: D0m0nik on April 22, 2022, 03:17:54 PM
Brilliant! I loved this. Mult-tasking heaven, 3 bases to manage at once. I found the middle was easy to maintain:

Spoiler
No guppies needed, just fly all of the preloaded bombers over it, fly a couple of sprayers to it and support it with staggered berthas.
[close]
Great!
I think that you like multi-tasking like me ? Because I just Love multi-tasking maps

Is there Anything to Improve ? Remember, It's just a V0.5 not the main one
I just dropped it because simply asking for testers takes a while and I Don't have a lot of Patience

I actually managed to beat it first try and only 30 minutes
But, I didn't try to control the Central one

D0m0nik

It is great as it is. If you are going to release different versions you would be best to make them all very different. I would like to see one without the prebuilt units. Perhaps do one without a central base but with some extra strong emitters and spores in the middle to be attacked from both sides. Somthing like that. I wouldn't recommed various smilar versions of the same map as that will get boring.

I think there is a way to allow testers without releasing the map on here but perhaps someone else knows how that works?

Dark6al3a

Helper, Did you finish this map yet ?
I can tell you more tips If you're still Unable to beat it

Dark6al3a

Do you think I should make a V1 for this, Or make a completely new map?

D0m0nik

My advice is always, make maps for you! If you want to see and to play a different version of this map then make it. Some will like it, some won't. I only ever make a map if I have an idea I would like to see.

Helper

Quote from: Dark6al3a on April 24, 2022, 09:40:37 AM
Helper, Did you finish this map yet ?
I can tell you more tips If you're still Unable to beat it

Oops!
Sorry, I did not see this post.

I got wrapped up in some new maps and forgot about this one.
Just finished it and it was just right in terms of complexity and difficulty.

I maintained all three bases throughout and connected them with PZ Relays for mutual Aether and Power support.

Very enjoyable and looking forward to more from you.

10/10

Thanks much,
H

Dark6al3a

Phew.....I thought that You abandoned my maps when....Well....You didn't reply at this nor at the Map overlord...So I thought you left my maps...

But....Yeah! Thanks for still playing my maps

Once I finish day 18 In CW2 I'll return to making maps, That mission is so annoying.....
But anyways......My next map is a surprise that I won't tell..... ;) and teknotiss knows it....

Helper

Great that you're working through CW2. I was one of the Beta testers for it and thoroughly enjoyed that.

There are a bunch of "CW2.5" maps here in CW3 that are fun to play.

Any mention of tek brings to mind the Egyptian 4th Dynasty.

Standing by for more 'Dark' maps.

Thanks,
H