Started by AutoPost, December 30, 2019, 07:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8057: Support island

Author: Petro
Size: 128x84

Desc:

Karsten75

Tough map, needs precise timing and clever tactics,  frankly, it's not really much fun.

Helper

Thank you for the work you put into this.
I almost never find restricted maps any fun, and this is more restricted than most.
Getting to the point of survival took me a couple of tries, but the thought of continuing to play with the pieces available had no appeal.

I would love to see this modified to include more pieces.
Thanks,
H

marvinitfox

Simple Enough
Spoiler

Start with collector power grid. Soon as one CN happens to contain enough power, fly it past a collector on the terp island.
Meanwhile, neutralize the spore in the middle. Build a relay once you have the PZ.
When you have terps, build 4-5 of them, and pronto put up a wall height 3(later 10) to keep the flood at bay.

Relay across the gap, neutralize the other spore before it can launch.
Also now, build a plethora of snipers (at least about 8 will be needed, more = better). These will need to bar crawlies from disrupting your power to Berthas.

Use the PZ relay to power the berthas and totems. research some faster packets, it will help.

Use your terps to request nice level-10 3x3 platfors towards the topright runner nest.
Use bertha to clear ground, and concentrated terp to raise the floor above the creep.

When you have a 3x3 platform within reach of the nest, neutralise it.
Then neutralize from the PZ there, and win.
the digi there is a bit of a bother, thats why you wanted the fast/many packets, to allow really rapid neutralizer building.

Caution, you *dont* want to target the Inhibitor itself, that will release the creep on the digi, ruining your afternoon.

That's all folks.
[close]