Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7950: some back and forth

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 256x256

Desc:
again, feedback, please

Neoshade

Not bad. Kind of a huge slog. There was lots and lots of micromanagement to work around all the holes and to keep moving the units from island to island. It took an hour longer than I expected, my wrist is actually sore from placing hundreds of units by hand among all the holes. Also, it was challenging to not have any guppies, but losing the forge and having to start over slow, with no speed upgrades was no fun at all. Maybe for a future map you could put the forge on its own island with a single guppy to keep it powered?

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: Neoshade on December 07, 2019, 12:44:35 PM
Not bad. Kind of a huge slog. There was lots and lots of micromanagement to work around all the holes and to keep moving the units from island to island. It took an hour longer than I expected, my wrist is actually sore from placing hundreds of units by hand among all the holes. Also, it was challenging to not have any guppies, but losing the forge and having to start over slow, with no speed upgrades was no fun at all. Maybe for a future map you could put the forge on its own island with a single guppy to keep it powered?

thank you for playing - I am testing new ideas, and I agree that the map is a slog. I don't disagree with the forge idea either.

could you briefly tell me how you attacked the map? also, could you try the next/last one in the similar series - 7959?