Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zircon

Quote from: burguertime on July 04, 2011, 07:25:10 PM
I don't know how quicker than that i can be, because at 0:01 the creeper broke the under-construction shield...

same problem - plz tell us how u make it Kithros... plz more screenshoots or a youtube video =) ty

but i find another way =)

Katra

Vulcan large/high. 15.9m emitter open to surface, stream of drones from start, 12 phantoms, no gravity. The screenshot is my best holding action at 39 seconds. (got 2 crystals, built blasters and managed to hold creeper and drones off until power ran out.)

Actually I can't get a start on medium or high complexity ANY size on this one. Low is possible - has gravity and no drones.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Mare

Quote from: Katra on July 05, 2011, 12:31:13 AM
Vulcan large/high. 15.9m emitter open to surface, stream of drones from start, 12 phantoms, no gravity. The screenshot is my best holding action at 39 seconds. (got 2 crystals, built blasters and managed to hold creeper and drones off until power ran out.)

Actually I can't get a start on medium or high complexity ANY size on this one. Low is possible - has gravity and no drones.

I gotta agree with you, this map made me very sad very quickly when the drones broke my shields :'( :'( :'(

Definitely impossible.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Zircon

Quote from: Mare on July 05, 2011, 01:56:11 AM

I gotta agree with you, this map made me very sad very quickly when the drones broke my shields :'( :'( :'(

Definitely impossible.

definitely not impossible =)

edit: my way: shilds+blasters(drones) and then when many shilds are broken i plant a bomb and rebuild the shilds in the front

Mare

Quote from: Zircon on July 05, 2011, 09:21:55 AM

Definitely impossible.

edit: my way: shilds+blasters(drones) and then when many shilds are broken i plant a bomb and rebuild the shilds in the front

Difficulty?
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Zircon

Quote from: Mare on July 05, 2011, 12:42:20 PM
Quote from: Zircon on July 05, 2011, 09:21:55 AM

Definitely impossible.

Difficulty?

it was rly hard i needed a lot of restarts and save every ~30sek

Evil Roc

Hello everyone!

Any advice on today's map ("July 5, 2011")? On medium or large size / high complexity (medium seems harder because of surface gateway which is missing on large size). 1 surface emitter of some solid power, 1 more to join it soon + drones from the very start if on medium size. 2 gems seem to close to emitter so I can't figure how to grab these and can't really build up fast enough without gems even on droneless version...

Zircon

Quote from: Evil Roc on July 05, 2011, 02:58:41 PM
Hello everyone!

Any advice on today's map ("July 5, 2011")? On medium or large size / high complexity (medium seems harder because of surface gateway which is missing on large size). 1 surface emitter of some solid power, 1 more to join it soon + drones from the very start if on medium size. 2 gems seem to close to emitter so I can't figure how to grab these and can't really build up fast enough without gems even on droneless version...

think medim is still impossible but Large/high can be possible because u can get a white gem :) i will test it

Colin

Hey all, I'm back from CW1!

I found a rather 'interesting' code map . . .

I have yet to beat it but I think I'm getting close, its a little weird because gravity is UP instead of DOWN. I'm wondering if its even possible . . .

The code map is An Interesting View and I'm playing it on Large/High
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

Kithros

Quote from: Colin on July 05, 2011, 03:46:45 PM

I have yet to beat it but I think I'm getting close, its a little weird because gravity is UP instead of DOWN. I'm wondering if its even possible . . .

I don't really see why this should be difficult - you can pretty much completely ignore the surface emitter for an extremely long amount of time and just let it puddle on the top doing nothing (you should have enough time to completely build up everywhere available before needing to fight anything other than phantoms), and you have more than enough space for reactors to deal with the emitter (you know the build directions are reversed and you have to build reactors upside down right?).

CobraKill

Quote from: Colin on July 05, 2011, 03:46:45 PM

[Off-topic]
Yeah he's back!
[/Off-topic]
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Zircon

Quote from: Zircon on July 04, 2011, 08:46:26 PM
Quote from: burguertime on July 04, 2011, 07:25:10 PM
I don't know how quicker than that i can be, because at 0:01 the creeper broke the under-construction shield...

same problem - plz tell us how u make it Kithros... plz more screenshoots or a youtube video =) ty

but i find another way =)

Kithros plz tell us how u get it :) cant belive it xD  ;D

burguertime

to we is Small/High

It would be on the other thread if it wasn't for the little build space and the lack of an empty chamber.... but its only one layer of decayable terrain before hell spills over...
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Zircon

Quote from: burguertime on July 05, 2011, 10:39:28 PM
to we is Small/High

It would be on the other thread if it wasn't for the little build space and the lack of an empty chamber.... but its only one layer of decayable terrain before hell spills over...

why should it impossible?

burguertime

Quote from: Zircon on July 06, 2011, 07:47:51 AM
Quote from: burguertime on July 05, 2011, 10:39:28 PM
to we is Small/High

why should it impossible?
A man's cakewalk map is another one's nightmare.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.