Custom Map #11026: Easy win?. By: Stupidfacemanguy

Started by AutoPost, February 05, 2024, 07:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #11026: Easy win?

Author: Stupidfacemanguy
Size: 102x70

Desc:
An extremely engaging puzzle map for all the big thinkers out there. With a truly innovative design, the replay value is absurd and the joy experienced from playing will shatter your soul. If you can only play one creeper world 3 map this decade, make it this one. This is art

mumajz

Hi, I like that someone keeps trying to create puzzle levels, they're usually not very popular and don't get good reviews here. I found this one pretty easy. I think I found a solution other than the author's. If the key for the author's solution was the filed with "ore resource pack", I didn't use that at all.

I also have another puzzle level in my stash, so I'll post that sometime in the next few days.

D0m0nik

Would love to know the best method on this one.

Spoiler
I built an aqueduct but it wasn't the fastest solution!
[close]

buttRcaT

This map has changed my life. I cannot see the world in a bad way now this has been brought in my life. A masterpiece. Thank you, StupidFacmanguu, for this utterly wonderful and challenging map. My brain has went up by 1IQ for this. I will never be the same since I played this. Agian, tank yous SupibFacmamgu for making this map. i will forever be more adapt and excitied to plat mor puzzle. Maybe in future i will becom rocet science man, and do rockt scienc. I can'tw ait for future. This map will forever have a space in my liver adnd maybe won't be forgoted; m

ps: tahnks StpidFcManGou

Stu

Mr author here.  My forum username is Stu and I leave scores as "Slowpoke Mcgee" but Stupidfacemanguy is my steam name.  I'm interested how people beat the map so quickly, 4:10 is crazy.  Here's what I did:

Spoiler
You need creeper to break the glass to nullify the inhibitor, so delete the nullifier on the emitter above and terp a path on down for the creep.  Use a sprayer with AC pull field + dispatch as ore to contain the AC emitter, and nullify it to teach it who's boss. You can disable the ore mines and set a couple sprayers to always on in the island to the bottom left, that way you make room for more ore.  The ore pickup and the converter powerup are just misdirection for funsies, it almost looks like you can reach from the little island there but it's a tile too far.  I know you can just delete a resource pack once you've slapped a siphon on it but the idea of someone chewing through 4000 ore for nothing made me giggle.

I had a little intro dialogue but I guess I failed to get that in the final version.  It wasn't important but Lia told Skarsgard that the reactor smiley he made wasn't very good.  I kind of wanted the inhibitor to eventually super slowly make enough creep to reach the glass so you aren't softlocked but eh, that's part of the charm.
[close]

I'm glad everyone everywhere agrees this is the best map imaginable

D0m0nik

Yeah exactly the same method, similar time. Went for a bridge 3 wide and 7 high right from the emitter.

mumajz

My solution in 3:10 :

Spoiler
I also used "bridge" from emmiter, but in addition, I destroyed the third and fourth reactors above the emmiter and built a shield there. It pushed the water onto the "bridge" faster.
[close]

Builder69