Started by AutoPost, May 06, 2012, 10:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1083: prison

Author: griff1989

Desc:
you might struggle on the middle part

hadaly

Too much long... with no dificult! A bit shorter and less resources will make it more fun! (at least for me). Thx for the map!

griff1989

thanks for comments, obviously this is my first attempt at a map, am currently developing another map, which you may find harder than this one.

look out for it within the next week hopefully

Griff1989

Nate Dog

I enjoyed playing around with dark beams, but that one gateway up top caused my game to lag like mad. Making the drones 4x harder and spawn 4x slower would have been much better to prevent lag. Good map overall though

teknotiss

i thought this was a good map, but i do agree with nate that fewer faster and harder drones would have been less laggy in the mid section.
make more maps!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

mpete

awww, i kind of like gateways like that, kinda because of the lag. i guess that i am just odd   ;)
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

fitz

Quote from: mpete on May 07, 2012, 04:58:01 PM
awww, i kind of like gateways like that, kinda because of the lag. i guess that i am just odd   ;)

Well that makes two of us. It added a bit of sparkle.

griff1989

that gateway up top does cause your game to lag, but I found that if you get two dark beams focused on it, then it doesn't take long to destroy.

I felt that lots of drones with little health pose a bit more of a challenge than a few drones with loads of health, but we shall see what you guys think when you see my next map

griff1989

teknotiss

well fitz and mpete it was a fun effect to watch the drones die ceaselessly  ;D, it just made it tricky to see where to put the nullifier. and i admit the lag wasn't too bad once i remembered to slow the game speed!  ;)
i remember a map where one many/fast/low health drones gateway and one single/slow/stupidly high health drone gateway required a lot of thought. awkward path to it and not enough dbeam forced me to use a combined arms approach to finish the drones before they reached the dbeam.
good one and i look forwards to your next one.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

griff1989

ok guys,

keep an eye out for my new map, prison gates

it has been sent off to be moderated, and should be with you all in 24 hours!

Im expecting some of you to see this map as being pointless, but my next map (which i am working on) will make it easier to understand.

Griff1989