Started by AutoPost, December 11, 2012, 02:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1770: The Styglek's Revenge

Author: Angel

Desc:
The styglek want their revenge! Don't ask me what the background is. -.-

mggolden

Looks like quite a challenging map... I have no idea where to begin though... I can successfully avoid the original Phantom, and after that I wait until the Creeper->anti-Creeper conversion, but even still, I can't figure out how to 'open' the second room... any hints?

Zaggy

Great level!  This is in my top 5 favorite maps of all time.

The explanation for the downvotes is that it's on the difficult side; you can't just create a bunch of dudes and send them in.  You have to plan your attack.  I'd upvote this map twice if I could.

PMouser

help please, they keep killing the capsule, i cant nelify the gateway fast enough
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Angel

Quote from: PMouser on February 05, 2013, 08:53:03 PM
help please, they keep killing the capsule, i cant nelify the gateway fast enough

Dont nullify it, you dig away, then come back and nullify it, after making a infinite AC source :)
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

PMouser

how to keep gateway from killing the capulse?
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Angel

You dig as far away as you can from the gateway, move your LB, and the phantom wont kill the capsule.
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

jas11262009

Hello.  First off, I have enjoyed the map.  It was a constant challenge.  I only have one issue with it.  It's unbeatable...  The Ore Rig is on an indestructible rock.  I cannot collect it.  Perhaps an oversight? 

Grauniad

Quote from: jas11262009 on February 20, 2013, 06:23:25 AM
Hello.  First off, I have enjoyed the map.  It was a constant challenge.  I only have one issue with it.  It's unbeatable...  The Ore Rig is on an indestructible rock.  I cannot collect it.  Perhaps an oversight? 
Before you make the "unbeatable" claim, have a look at the score table. 29 people submitted a score. That means at least that many people beat it.

When I look at the map download page, I see a reference to a "dig gateway." That leasds me to surmise that one of the gateways will issue dig packets. Dig packets will remove terrain marked by a blue "x' - even undiggable terrain.

I suggest you loook closely at the map again and see if there are terrain blocks marked with a blue x. If so I suggest you revise your strategy to make the map beatable.

Good luck.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

jas11262009

I see.  I didn't notice the blue x.  The graphics are a little difficult for me to see.  I'll check it out, thanks.

AJV73

if i'm not mistaken, i have to let the first gateway alone.
But everytime i open the next room i die.
How to avoid that?