Is it possible to export modules from Creeper World 3 to Creeper World 4?

Started by PXSJ4-19170779710, March 19, 2022, 09:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PXSJ4-19170779710

I was obsessed with one of the Creeper World 3  mods   , but I wanted to bring Creeper World 3 Export mod in  Creeper World 4 . Because The Creeper World 4  server does not have the Creeper World 3 mod continue. I tried to change the file extension, but it didn't help.   Creeper World 4 did not import mods from Creeper World 3  maps. Is there a way to import mods for Creeper World 4?   

Karsten75

Quote from: PXSJ4-19170779710 on March 19, 2022, 09:26:05 AM
I was obsessed with one of the Creeper World 3  mods   , but I wanted to bring Creeper World 3 Export mod in  Creeper World 4 . Because The Creeper World 4  server does not have the Creeper World 3 mod continue. I tried to change the file extension, but it didn't help.   Creeper World 4 did not import mods from Creeper World 3  maps. Is there a way to import mods for Creeper World 4?

There are too many differences.

The structure of the scripting language crpl (CW3) and 4RPL (CW4) are similar, but the command set is very different, so it may be possible to manually make the necessary changes.

Units are totally different and are flat 2D images in CW3 and 3D models in CW4.

In scripts and an accompanying optional model are packaged for easy export in a CPAK. THere is nothing similar in CW3

PXSJ4-19170779710

CW4 shows that the CW3 script has errors, which is a very serious problem. What should I do?

GoodMorning

Quote from: PXSJ4-19170779710 on June 23, 2022, 09:37:12 AM
What should I do?

Rewrite the scripts.

No, really; that's the best and only way. You can copy it command-for-command and then replace the CW3-specific features, so most of the thinking is already done. There are a lot of language-improvements over CRPL, but you can ignore them if you want to. The tricky part is that various commands will need some new code, for example anything setting a unit's position will now need to work in 3D.

Most of the actual functionality can be replicated by looking up the old and new commands and replacing them, but you'll still need to know how to write 4RPL to make it work.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.