Started by AutoPost, July 25, 2021, 11:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9611: Some more tricks

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 256x140

Desc:

Martin Gronsdal

before I get my whopping here, I didn't actually intent for the last trick to be necessary. I simply forgot how to count to
Spoiler
[close]

paco42

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on July 25, 2021, 03:47:15 PM
before I get my whopping here, I didn't actually intent for the last trick to be necessary. I simply forgot how to count to
Spoiler
[close]

yeah that would have been better if you didnt

silverfin75

What on earth is the solution to the last unintended trick?

Martin Gronsdal

Fly a unit back and forth a few times to make a connection between two relays

silverfin75

I'm still struggling to see where to fly it and which placements of relay. I've tried all sorts of combinations so far. I Don't see how to bridge any of the gaps without using relays, especially the last gap entirely in a no fly zone.

Martin Gronsdal

You have to use relays for the long gap on the southern Islands. Use guppies on the eastern part of of the southern islands. Use collectors at both ends of the small gap and fly a unit in between, back and forth.

Martin Gronsdal

Fly unit between collectors, marked with C

R is relay
G is guppies

Build a Bertha on the PZ after the spore tower and shoot it as often as you can

silverfin75

How do you get a guppy anywhere close near those connectors. The no fly zone is huge and I can't seem to get close no matter what angle I take.

edit: I managed to figure out how to snake the guppy further down, but even in-between or either side doesn't start building.

Martin Gronsdal

Clear the landing on the eastern part of the south island

marvinitfox

You guys are happily discussing advanced guppy breeding techniques, and poor lil me is still trying to figure out how to even get to the first ore island :(

Martin Gronsdal

Johnny Haywire

It's actually best if you build a collector right next to the spore tower. That way you'll get more of what you want. You can then walk away from the game for a few hours and see how wonderful the map looks when you get back  ;)

My biggest concern with these maps is that a lot of players are probably taking out their frustration on baby seals, dolphins, or some other innocent creatures.

And yes, I think the last trick could be shortened a lot so you didn't have to fly back and forth for such a long time. Or maybe make the connection a bit closer so the collectors would almost reach, but just not quite.

I do like how your maps make us think though. And there are multiple solutions to some of these challenges, such as the digitalis flood, so it's fun to try different things.

Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Martin Gronsdal

I'm glad there are aspects to my maps that don't trigger sadistic tendencies (too much)

thank you for playing!

silverfin75

I cleared the entire east south island. I have no ideal how to make the the guppy give packets to anything. I's there another trick I'm missing to make a guppy give packets while flying?