Custom Map #1974: FPS: Otrav. By: Kaiden

Started by AutoPost, July 14, 2021, 12:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1974: FPS: Otrav

Author: Kaiden
Size: 320x200

TrickyPlayer

Wait a little I remember this map, though I completely forgot where in the CW3 story it was... knowing how it worked in CW3, I think it might be very interesting in CW4... but wait, I'm ON the planet instead of only my buildings? :P
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Kaiden

Quote from: TrickyPlayer on July 14, 2021, 12:47:17 AM
Wait a little I remember this map, though I completely forgot where in the CW3 story it was... knowing how it worked in CW3, I think it might be very interesting in CW4... but wait, I'm ON the planet instead of only my buildings? :P

You should know that instead of circles pulling in creeper, there are drones with shields pushing away creeper, basically inverted Otrav, Also the map is the 1st map in the andere sector, it's the 3rd to last campaign mission.

ikkonoishi

The unit cap is pretty high, and the autobuilder just wastes all your energy covering the map with cannons.

CyberDyneSystems

This was great!
I was really frustrated in the beginning every time that all black monster drone came at me wiping out all the built base,. but once I got familiar with how to deal with him it was better.
Defontiely an Auto defense/double sniper map. Those upgrades are hard to reach at first. Just remember, every emitter is destructible!

Kaiden

Quote from: CyberDyneSystems on July 14, 2021, 07:06:42 PM
This was great!
I was really frustrated in the beginning every time that all black monster drone came at me wiping out all the built base,. but once I got familiar with how to deal with him it was better.
Defontiely an Auto defense/double sniper map. Those upgrades are hard to reach at first. Just remember, every emitter is destructible!
The best way to deal with the antis is to lure them quite deep into your base so the snipers constantly bombard them and take them out in 10 seconds while you clean up the creeper they leave behind

XYZZY529

How do I shoot the Drones?
Is there some details on what the buttons do?
I see that 1,2,3 are Cannon, Mortar, AC Sprayer ... what is 4, 5??

Also there is some mention of Custom 1-9, but I do not see where/how to use them.

Kaiden

Quote from: XYZZY529 on July 14, 2021, 08:03:11 PM
How do I shoot the Drones?
Is there some details on what the buttons do?
I see that 1,2,3 are Cannon, Mortar, AC Sprayer ... what is 4, 5??

Also there is some mention of Custom 1-9, but I do not see where/how to use them.
rebind your custom keys in the options. Also, 4 is sniper and is how you kill the drones, and 5 is fabricator and is used to build and resupply weapons in a radius.

CS Z

Burying the creeper emitting units was a great idea.  Keeps from just sniping all of them from a distance.

Kaiden

Quote from: CS Z on July 14, 2021, 08:17:09 PM
Burying the creeper emitting units was a great idea.  Keeps from just sniping all of them from a distance.
The sleeper towers or the emitters themselves?

CS Z

Quote from: Kaiden on July 14, 2021, 08:50:08 PM

The sleeper towers.  They're pretty fragile units.

Kaiden

Quote from: CS Z on July 14, 2021, 10:39:17 PM
Quote from: Kaiden on July 14, 2021, 08:50:08 PM

The sleeper towers.  They're pretty fragile units.

Only reason i put them in there was because they were small enough to fit in and also i needed a good spot to use the sleeper towers in.

Squornshellous Beta

As far as I was able to tell, the only gameplay function of the antis was to periodically force the player to abandon whatever they were doing to retreat to the back of the map to guide it into sniper territory, then return once it was destroyed and have to deal with what progress the creeper undid in that interval before resuming where they left off. If that's the intended point of them, it worked, but I have no idea why one would wish for such a thing.

AgRecluse

Frustrating as heck until you fall into the cadence of it <3 The Antis charging you every 2 minutes breaks up the action and makes the map feel like a proper fight!  ;D So frantic with that sporadic pressure. I wasn't sure about this map the first time I played it, but now I can only see it as a proper classic.  8)

My only complaint: the sleeper base needs more protections while there is lots of creeper on the field and while there are lots of creeper units left. Otherwise the map's a little easy to cheese  ;)

Also, I know it's probably not stuff you coded, but the auto builder seems to pretty frequently stall placing collectors, especially when I'm using powers. Is it possible to separate the auto builder focus button and the power usage button? That might help. Is that something I can do on my end? I should check that out...   :P

Shatterstep

Normally I don't care for the mobs chasing me down. Wasn't too bad though. Thanks for making.