Custom Map #9583: Large DMD. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, July 12, 2021, 01:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9583: Large DMD

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 256x256

Desc:
Don't move CN as I don't think it's possible to win if CN is moved. Get Terp, get Nullifier, win ;)

marvinitfox

Just a quick check to see if I understand this map correctly:

So, we need to setup a base, then

**without ever killing an enemy**,

use guppies to feed supplies to a ground invasion on the *wrong* side of the NW continent, then
using this beach-head fight our way all the way across the continent to the neutralized pre-placed by our military intelligence stupidity, then
fight across the Sea of Sorrows back to our base, so we can establish a landbridge to the other continent, then
fight across the entire continent(again), then
once we have finally conquered the *entire map* without killing a single enemy, THEN
we get to pick up the neutralizer and execute all of the enemy emitters we have taken prisoner?

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: marvinitfox on July 13, 2021, 09:58:22 AM
Just a quick check to see if I understand this map correctly: OK

So, we need to setup a base obviously, then

**without ever killing an enemy**, correct

use guppies to feed supplies to a ground invasion on the *wrong* side of the NW continent, indeed then
using this beach-head fight our way all the way across the continent to the neutralized pre-placed by our military intelligence stupidity yes, Sir!, then
fight across the Sea of Sorrows back to our base, so we can establish a landbridge to the other continent, you are by no means wrongthen
fight across the entire continent(again) here you are probably wrong, as you can hold the foothold with the guppies, then
once we have finally conquered the *entire map* without killing a single enemy yup, THEN
we get to pick up the neutralizer and execute all of the enemy emitters we have taken prisoner? no, you don't have to kill any emitter, other than the one with pre laid nullifier

D0m0nik

;D ;D ;D

The kind of map that makes you say 'aaarrgghhhh'

D0m0nik

I am just starting this and wondering if this map requires you to be of unsound mind to even attempt it  ???

Martin Gronsdal

I expect you to finish in 6 minutes, so my answer is a "no".

D0m0nik

I'm not convinced!

Spoiler
First thing to do is destory the forge and rebuild it away from the PZ. Wish I'd noticed that!
[close]

I enjoyed that, you can of course attack north at the same time as the guppy battle, this makes it a but more fun, almost a race with yourself.

Martin Gronsdal

oh, I forgot to make 0 Forges available? there you go, my bad ;)

Martin Gronsdal

can you upload a video of your time? I am absolutely not questioning wheter it's real, I just want to see WTF is going on when you play!

D0m0nik

I don't know how to do a video of the screen. I have attached two screen grabs. Game time 12 mins apart, save time was 1hr 10 mins apart, total game time about 1hr 45 for a 22min time. I use the pause button without even thinking about it, I micro manage everything. It is also important to never go too red or too green on power. You want to be using every single bit! There's not a lot else to it, be aggressive and don't waste anything!

Martin Gronsdal

Inquisition is on the way. You are possessed!

Thx!

Lappan

So I got the nullifier & terp and zapped everything except for the three spores - how do I reach them? or is there some script trigger I've missed?