Started by AutoPost, June 27, 2021, 08:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9561: AZAZEL-2

Author: AkuninsDude
Size: 99x99

Desc:

LeonDampf

Can you give any hint how to do this? Before i can "save" a good emitter, the ones around escalade

marvinitfox

Quote from: LeonDampf on June 27, 2021, 11:19:13 AM
Can you give any hint how to do this? Before i can "save" a good emitter, the ones around escalade

Look to your left Leon, loook to your leeeeft.

D0m0nik

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: marvinitfox on June 27, 2021, 12:12:03 PM
Quote from: LeonDampf on June 27, 2021, 11:19:13 AM

Look to your left Leon, loook to your leeeeft.

So?  You can capture 8 emitters and 6 spore towers over there.  The beam will take care of the spores from the NW.  I see nothing I can hope to do about the spores to the NE.  I have captured a stopper but I can't take the factory to make use of it.  My base keeps getting obliterated by fire from the NE and even if it wasn't I see nothing to do.

Altren

Nice map. That was a bit extreme, since you need to claim shooters fast and have enough energy to power up friendly tower before the emitter activation.
The rest is more like a regular map, interesting and balanced.

Loosing some buildings to spores is a bit annoying, but not a problem,

yum-forum

Quote from: D0m0nik on June 27, 2021, 01:45:49 PM
Yum.....is that you?  ;D

unfair question!  :D

if you can play without using Singularity weapon! it can be    :-\

BTW: Long time ago I really had as friend writer Boris Akunin (Now living in London). We created together Japanese chemical-technology dictionary...
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

D0m0nik

Sounds like you have had quite a career Yum. Shame I will never read it!!

marvinitfox

argle brargggh..  i think your map gabe me drain bammage.
toom uch sPores!

Schizo

Hey Yum!

I miss your awesome maps on CW3.  It's too bad I really, really didn't like CW4.  I disliked it so bad I got a refund.  So now I am stuck with mostly replaying old maps on CW3.

Schizo

Quote from: yum-forum on June 27, 2021, 02:08:09 PM
Quote from: D0m0nik on June 27, 2021, 01:45:49 PM
Yum.....is that you?  ;D

unfair question!  :D

if you can play without using Singularity weapon! it can be    :-\

BTW: Long time ago I really had as friend writer Boris Akunin. We created together Japanese chemical-technology dictionary...

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Altren on June 27, 2021, 01:54:35 PM
Nice map. That was a bit extreme, since you need to claim shooters fast and have enough energy to power up friendly tower before the emitter activation.

But what do you do about the spores from the NE?

And even without that I'm stuck, I'm not seeing any place to attack.

Syn-b

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on June 27, 2021, 09:59:50 PM
Quote from: Altren on June 27, 2021, 01:54:35 PM

the same question. even after waiting until gate 2 can be opened and an enhanced beam can be built, it cannot cope with the number of spores. and floods the creeper at 1900 and that's it ...

marvinitfox

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on June 27, 2021, 09:59:50 PM

Long, rambling discussion with plenty of spoilery advice, so:
Spoiler

As long as you do not allow the spores to bomb your friendly spore towers, you can just rebuild after a barrage. Your Forge and CN *should* have enough endurance to sit in the creep for a minute while your permanent AC emitter regains lost ground.

To reduce the damage from an attack, consider putting sacrificial Terps out in the wilderness, where they can draw some fire but where the resulting creep spillage will not be a problem.

It is *imperative* that you get the SW towers converted before they start bleeding creep.
I also found it imperative to stopper the NE yellow, and put a 2-wall to the south of the adjacent absorber, to keep the Yellow portal network pure. If you allow your yellow portal or the nearby emitter to convert that absorber, you have a flow problem preventing assault on the NE block of spores.

It is a very, very good idea to take out one or more of the absorbers directly around your CN. They all provide PZ.
I used one for my Beams, protecting the CN region for (most) spores.
I used one for Reactor-PZ, for power.
I used one to provide a relay bridge to the west, allowing power to the various multipliers there.

*don't* overbuild in the west. You cannot provide air defense there, and if you lose even one of your spore towers for one second, it's game over. Rather leave the region unbuilt, so the spores do not target there.

The one amplifier in the north is very vulnerable to attack from your spore towers, as it is just the one amplifier and a single companion emitter. With that one gone, the NE can be assaulted.

And lastly, remember that save/load is your enemy. Te implementation of those spore towers is still broken, if you load a save their timers reset! And your towers, at least the strong two on the far left, are on looooooooooooooooooooooooooong timers.
Timers are in ration 1/2/4, so every now and then when your strong towers fire, all 6 fire simultaneously. With carefully picked targets you can conquer a whole passage or room in one move.

And lastly-Lastly.
Try not to go insane. This map is incredibly frustrating.
I had to do a mindwipe&"restore to previous good settings" after finishing it. Owch!
[close]

Laithaldien

A lot of this can be avoided if ... see page 2.

I dislike maps that basically have one path to victory you have to take, else DOoOoooOOOOM.
If it's a trick at the start, sure, not much damage done. Getting the spores is not that difficult.

But since you are very dependent on the spores and the timer resets on loading a save,
you can't really play around to see what might work except right after firing a whole volley.
The very long delay between your biggest spores also isn't helping with that.

Getting a foothold ain't pretty, with the enemy spores every so often (almost) annihilating you until
you manage a powerzone beam and somewhat decent tech. Constantly having to rebuild is annoying.
A second beam after you managed to secure your starting position would have been nice.

I'd like to think the creator put a lot of thought into this map. But I'm just thinking: Never again.

D0m0nik

Yeah got to be honest, this is torture. I'll probably try again tomorrow though. And the next day.