Custom Map #9538: Be Happy!. By: AkuninsDude

Started by AutoPost, June 15, 2021, 04:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9538: Be Happy!

Author: AkuninsDude
Size: 99x99

Desc:
map 9537 but with better balance in gameplay and not so easy

Loren Pechtel

Now it's got me stumped.

The first move obviously is to grab the booster.

Nothing local can be attacked, the first move has to be through the star gate.

Once enough goes through you can land a guppy to power a multiplier.

And that's it, there's not enough to capture any territory, let alone an emitter.  Pretty soon the wall to the east of the gate overtops and that's that.

yum-forum

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on June 16, 2021, 04:47:42 PM
Now it's got me stumped.

And that's it, there's not enough to capture any territory, let alone an emitter.  Pretty soon the wall to the east of the gate overtops and that's that.

I played so that ASAP close bridge 3. Also in some points I builded wall to more high level. Proper using of Blocker also helpful.
Then used pure logic (no singularity weapon!) and step by step...
Good lu, Sir!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

hawgwash

Quote from: yum-forum on June 17, 2021, 03:04:01 AM
Now it's got me stumped.

I played so that ASAP close bridge 3. Also in some points I builded wall to more high level. Proper using of Blocker also helpful.
Not directly related to this map, but if the goal with these maps is to beat them without the singularity weapon, why not disable it?  Thanks, and I very much appreciate all the effort by all the mapmakers.

yum-forum

In my maps singularity remains only for "last chance" if any. Not needed although.
last

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: yum-forum on June 17, 2021, 03:04:01 AM
Now it's got me stumped.

I used the blocker to reduce the flow of creeper in the run I tried.  I never got gate #3--there was a bit of anticreeper around the stargate but nowhere to land a terp to build up the wall.  Then the wall overtopped and it became hopeless.

yum-forum

I asked Master PRG to create video to show how to play  :)
last

Karzon

Some help for anyone having trouble with the early game:

Use the blocker to close the SE yellow stargate, take the power tower by your starting point, then head through the yellow stargate to take the 10 power emitter before you move the blocker and deal with the SE ones. 

There's also an area in the east by a yellow stargate (no emitters, but a little space), that once cleared, you can throw a guppy over there to charge the 1.2x and power up your emitters.  And once the SE area is cleared, immediately turn off the 3 switch and use a terp to increase the depth of the SE barrier.  Then work your way through the absorbers to the white stargate and power chip, grab some more towers in the middle, then go up the left side to the factory after playing with some switches, etc.  Oh, and you can move some terps north along the west edge to clear the way from the white stargate to another power tower.

At some early point during this, terp up the area around the starting blocker (specifically to the S and E) - I'm not sure if that's still necessary, but it was in the original version of this map (maybe only if you weren't fast enough with the 3 switch), or the command node could get overrun. Edit: Something I forgot.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Karzon on July 12, 2021, 02:27:06 PM
Some help for anyone having trouble with the early game:

Use the blocker to close the SE yellow stargate, take the power tower by your starting point, then head through the yellow stargate to take the 10 power emitter before you move the blocker and deal with the SE ones. 

There's also an area in the east by a yellow stargate (no emitters, but a little space), that once cleared, you can throw a guppy over there to charge the 1.2x and power up your emitters.  And once the SE area is cleared, immediately turn off the 3 switch and use a terp to increase the depth of the SE barrier.  Then work your way through the absorbers to the white stargate and power chip, grab some more towers in the middle, then go up the left side to the factory after playing with some switches, etc.  Oh, and you can move some terps north along the west edge to clear the way from the white stargate to another power tower.

At some early point during this, terp up the area around the starting blocker (specifically to the S and E) - I'm not sure if that's still necessary, but it was in the original version of this map (maybe only if you weren't fast enough with the 3 switch), or the command node could get overrun. Edit: Something I forgot.

You omitted the step that indicates how to do this.

I did find a different approach that actually worked, though:

Spoiler
A terp can terp once before dying in the creeper.  I kept sending terps to build up that low wall by the three gate.  Same technique, I built a level 2 wall just east of the stargate.  This let me capture the emitter above, erase the level 2 wall, capture the second emitter.  Finally beat it and only used one single-use bomb in the process.
[close]

yum-forum

last