Started by AutoPost, May 28, 2021, 04:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9506: AZAZEL

Author: AkuninDude
Size: 99x99

Desc:

Helper

Looks like a great map from a brand new map maker.
It's only been up for less than an hour, but some Richard Cranium did a 'rage quit' and scored it a "1" without really giving it a chance.
With the dearth of new maps coming out, I would think it's best to encourage map makers, not run them off.
H

bgzzz

Hello,

Very hard map. I'm finally stuck at the very last emitter (cf attachment).

Everything else is captured but this one. Even with the stopper bomb. Seems there's more than one emitter on the same tile.

Any idea ?

PS : using singularity solve the blocking situation, but singularity are for cheaters, aren't they ? :)

thx

Riskbreaker

very challenging to do without the blockers, but i had a lot of fun, even though i also couldnt kill that last double emiter...

i tried disabling it with bomb, tried boosting the nearby emiter, tried to boost one of those 4k emiters into 20k power, nothing worked

Twi

Stacking the emitters is annoying, and definitely something you might want to use a singularity for, perhaps in addition to your limited bombs.

Otherwise, I really liked the map, even if it took me a hecking while to figure out what I was doing :')
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Lemon

i feel like im missing how to unlock the blockers? you need access to the manufactory, but you need to get past a very (blocker needed) tough emitter to access the top zone emitter. can anyone help?

chwooly

Quote from: Helper on May 28, 2021, 05:10:24 AM
It's only been up for less than an hour, but some Richard Cranium did a 'rage quit' and scored it a "1" without really giving it a chance.
With the dearth of new maps coming out, I would think it's best to encourage map makers, not run them off.
H

I am still playing this map and have not rated it as yet, It is definitely a worthy effort but so far not worth a rating above 5 and to be honest after 1.5 hours in I am inclined to go with a 1 as well.

However I find your comment to be offensive. Should we just give out participation awards because someone made a map? Should someone get the same amount of praise and admiration as more prolific map makers thereby watering down the accolades others have deservedly earned? How is your personal attack any better then the "1" rating given? 

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

dkwkrp

Quote from: Lemon on May 29, 2021, 12:41:52 AM
i feel like im missing how to unlock the blockers? you need access to the manufactory, but you need to get past a very (blocker needed) tough emitter to access the top zone emitter. can anyone help?
Spoiler

The emitter is easy before 80 seconds.
before starting. Block the white hole to the right of the emitter with the ball.
Start on the right.
And make Terp.
And send Terp to 12 o'clock.
And kill that emitter.
The important thing is to complete it before the 80 seconds pass.
[close]

Helper

Apparently, I managed to piss in your Wheaties, but at least we agree on a notable quotable.  ;)
I have no problem rating a map as a 1 if it deserves it, but I also think the map maker deserves some feedback as to why I downrated it.
After playing this one for 1.5 hours, you certainly have a have a solid base for rating it anything you decide.
My beef is with 1 ratings within minutes of posting, and not even giving it a fair play before rating.

Not sure why you decided to jump me after all these years, but we've all had bad days from time to time.
Semper Fidelis!
H

PS - your 292 was a lot of fun and deserved the high ratings.

Quote from: chwooly on May 29, 2021, 01:18:13 AM
H

I am still playing this map and have not rated it as yet, It is definitely a worthy effort but so far not worth a rating above 5 and to be honest after 1.5 hours in I am inclined to go with a 1 as well.

However I find your comment to be offensive. Should we just give out participation awards because someone made a map? Should someone get the same amount of praise and admiration as more prolific map makers thereby watering down the accolades others have deservedly earned? How is your personal attack any better then the "1" rating given? 

Cheers

Laithaldien

Quote from: dkwkrp on May 29, 2021, 02:06:30 AM
Spoiler

The emitter is easy before 80 seconds.
before starting. Block the white hole to the right of the emitter with the ball.
Start on the right.
And make Terp.
And send Terp to 12 o'clock.
And kill that emitter.
The important thing is to complete it before the 80 seconds pass.
[close]
This and
Spoiler
converting the delayed 1950 emitter (over 4 minutes time) next to the yellow hole
[close]
is what probably breaks the map for most people. You probably even can
Spoiler
convert the double 1950 emitters bgzzz had problems with, according to the delay and conveniently placed terp spot.
[close]

It IS possible to beat the map even without doing any of the spoiler stuff, just takes a whole lot of time, lots of singularities, rapid firing of bridges to kill of creeper masses and last but not least - lots of head scratching. Took me well over 2 hours this way. With 2 of the spoilers, down to 48 minutes.

It's a good map, it just can be a lot more difficult than people (and me) are used to due to introducing a new element not encountered yet iirc.

ha11oga11o

OMG?! What was that? I really enjoyed bloody map! It needed lots of tinkering and combinations with gate blockers. Giving back territory and strategy! Realy thank you! I haven't been this "into something" for quite awhile. I placed pure 10 for this. Its not push and play map. Needs bit time and thinking. 3 hrs plus for 1st time, but it was well spended time.

Many thnx :)

Loren Pechtel

Very tough.

The stacked emitters are a bad idea.  The top one didn't matter as I captured it by simply overwhelming it, but the bottom one can't be overwhelmed.  I put the blocker on it--and didn't get the big emitter.  No solution but the singularity weapon.

Without that flaw I would give it a 10--something I very rarely do.

Shatterstep

Stacked emitters with 1950 rate.... yikes. Other than that, the rest of the map looks interesting.

Riskbreaker

i liked the use of 100ms emiters...its a nice way to build a strong defensive corridor for the creeper, even without them being strong in amt of production...they surely can hold the line

its a sneaky way to have a 50depth creeper where your 70amt AC emiters cant push through alone

chwooly

Quote from: Helper on May 29, 2021, 07:35:34 AM
Apparently, I managed to piss in your Wheaties, but at least we agree on a notable quotable.  ;)
I have no problem rating a map as a 1 if it deserves it, but I also think the map maker deserves some feedback as to why I downrated it.
After playing this one for 1.5 hours, you certainly have a have a solid base for rating it anything you decide.
My beef is with 1 ratings within minutes of posting, and not even giving it a fair play before rating.

Not sure why you decided to jump me after all these years, but we've all had bad days from time to time.
Semper Fidelis!
H

PS - your 292 was a lot of fun and deserved the high ratings.

Quote from: chwooly on May 29, 2021, 01:18:13 AM
H

Cheers

LOL You didn't pee in my Wheaties, I don't eat them, Now if it was Fruit Loops I would be upset. LOL.

Yes you are correct the maker does deserve feed back on a low score. otherwise he won't be able to improve and/or ignore the rating.  It is the general assumption that seems to prevail here that any score of 1 is given as a rage quit. and not after numerous restarts or long times spent  on the map that I responded to as well as the use of R C as a descriptor. 

Anyway,

Remember crayons don't barbeque.   :D :D

Oorah Marine!!!
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein