Creeper World Demos Going Away

Started by Spyder Z, January 10, 2021, 03:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyder Z

With Flash reaching the end of its life, it looks like the Creeper World Demos will be going with it. As there is story (Brief as it is) attached to the Demos, I'd love to see them salvaged in some fashion. Of course, the "Ideal" method would be to set them as a Menu Item in the main games they're attached to so that everything's in one neat package, but I realize that's probably a lot more work than it's worth. The other option I see is to either include them in the game installs (So dorks like me can just launch them the from the folder), or to put them on the Steam Pages as Demos (Though I'm not sure how much of a hassle that would be). I guess they could also just be put into a forum post here for folks to download and launch.

It's Creeper World content and part of the full experience, so it would be a shame to see it just expire with the end of Flash. I'm playing through them again on Armor Games just in case that ends up being the decision made. ;P

Grabz

It's a common misconception that all of the flash games are going away - they're not.
P.S. I should clarify that it would be nice to have these games available as a package anyhow, as while not impossible, these games are undeniably going to become more difficult to access than before. I just wanted to simply point out that there's no rush, as there are plenty of options still available.
For quicker response, reply to me directly at Grabz#4707 on Discord. Find me on the KC server: https://discord.gg/knucklecracker

Spyder Z

Glad to hear they're not just falling off the planet, they're great additions to the series on their own (Even with the map overlaps) simply by being designed "Complimentary". ;P Out of curiosity, what with CW3: Abraxis? Some weird licensing thing? If so, will that naturally resolve when the host site ceases to serve it (IF they do)?

Builder17

Quote from: Spyder Z on January 11, 2021, 01:13:23 AM
Out of curiosity, what with CW3: Abraxis?

CW3: Abraxis runs on Unity WebGL, it will work as long as it exists somewhere. :)

Spyder Z

So this may be easier said than done, but is there a way to search for the Flash Save File for Creeper World 2: Academy, so that I can copy it from one site to another? I "Imagine" that it's there in a temp file somewhere, but I obviously don't know where it might be, or what form it might take. I should not have started it on Armor Games (But I thought I'd have time to finish the campaign before it expired), but alas.

If not I'll just start it here or on Kongregate and play through it again, but before I do, is there also possibly just a script / video / let's play of the Academy Story, since I'm really just playing it for that before playing the full 2. ;P

Builder17

Quote from: Spyder Z on January 18, 2021, 03:50:02 AM
"Flash Save File for Creeper World 2: Academy"
it depends on your browser, mind specifying what browser did you play it with? :)

"let's play of the Academy Story"

Part 2:

Spyder Z

I did see those, sadly they stopped at 6. ;P

And I was playing in Chrome.

Builder17

Quote from: Spyder Z on January 19, 2021, 04:12:55 AM
And I was playing in Chrome.

From here:

%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\
{random numbers and letters}\cache.armorgames.com\files\games\cw2a-{some numbers?}.swf\

To here:

%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\
{random numbers and letters}\chat.kongregate.com\gamez\0013\3106\live\cw2a-0432-kong.swf\

Their file type is .sol

Armor games one is just an guess, I'm not sure if the save file is there or not...

Try going to %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\ first and then look around in \cache.armorgames.com\files\games\