Energy mines have lathes?

Started by Qwerty Quazo, September 16, 2016, 08:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty Quazo

Just got defensive struct, and a amplified lathe was blown up by emergent moments later. I thought energy mines have lathes only to build struct. Is this an intension?
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

GoodMorning

Yes, mines have Lathes when you get Def. Struct. This is to allow them to rebuild it themselves. As a bonus, we get a fixed (free?) Lathe.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Qwerty Quazo

The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

planetfall

Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on September 16, 2016, 08:16:21 AM
Quote from: GoodMorning on September 16, 2016, 08:04:52 AM
This is to allow them to rebuild it themselves.

Broken?

Probably not. I pointed this out months ago and Virgil didn't change it. The struc itself isn't very strong so the lathe being able to do other things does help justify the amp gem cost.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

knucracker

Yeah, it's a lathe like any other... with one exception in the upcoming build.  In the upcoming build the lathe on a mine can build struc 5x faster than a normal lathe.

Most of the time the lathe is inconsequential other than building surrounding struc.  But depending on map design it can be useful for chain reaction energy source building, gathering nearby energy pods during and early mission, taking out a very near enemy structure.  All edge cases, but they can show up from time to time.