An idea...

Started by Killer007lite, December 06, 2015, 04:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killer007lite

I was making a new map when I started thinking about adding CRPL for once,
so I looked up about it and no matter how hard I try I just don't understand it.

So I resorted to "borrowing" scripts from the forums (by some really kind people), but wasn't getting anywhere, But then it struck me...

I thought of a "revolutionary" idea which came about after looking at Hubs' PAC template (Great Scripting by the way  ;)),
the idea was to take the abraxis AI and use it for its function along side the player, but alter it so if the
player moves/destroys a unit, it doesn't replace it and only replaces it if it dies at the new location.

So my question to you guys is, Can it be done? and (if it could be done) could someone kindly help me with understanding CRPL
so I can do it myself, or (Even better) provide the actual code?

(Here is my map at the moment by the way with some annotions ;D)

Thanks in Advance.

J

I believe someone is already working on something similar. There are even idea's to combine PAC and sleeper, but as far as I know nobody claimed that (presumably massive) project yet.

Killer007lite

Wow combining PAC AND Sleeper is just the ultimate enemy (Or ally in this case  ;D)
And also is there another thread on this topic somewhere else? (About something similar or the same)

J

I talked about it in chat with someone. He was trying to create a sleeper-like AI for abraxis in PAC maps. Just make sure there's a CN somewhere and it'll build out automatically. PAC vs Sleeper is on my todo list (once I find a massive amount of spare time and still play cw3 then).

Killer007lite

Ok cool, just checking whether im not repeating things.
I don't understand the concept about abraxis for sleeper, Does it aid the player or creeper?
And in my opinion, I think that an overall goal for Sleeper is for it to act exactly like the player
(if you know what I mean), all most like a mirror but maybe restricted to an area of build, and
still move units to your base to attack (obviously at a lesser rate), even better if it automatically
built a "weak" "defensive line. or have energy problems like us (maybe depending on the map).

But hey, I can't code CRPL for my life, just a big goal that ill never achieve  ;D

Hubs

I started working on a new abraxis AI to add into PAC maps - not quite combining PAC and Sleeper, but making Abraxis think and respond similar to sleeper. I got the collector network to build, but haven't had time to progress further yet.

Killer007lite

Ahh clever, so Abraxis will build like the player whilst its a PAC map, That would be cool, but provides a disadvantage to the map maker, as they don't get to control Abraxis as well as before, and then there's the problem of pre building the base and abraxis building things unnecessarily close to things.

GameGibu

There ain't no creeper nor emitters here on Mars, Killer007lite. That stuff I've not encountered in this or any neighboring universe for that matter.
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆