Custom Map #1564: NukeCity. By: Xeos

Started by AutoPost, January 04, 2015, 12:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thumbmaster

BTW, my child is one year too old to beat this map. So he only gets to watch me do it.  8)
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

harrymcb

yet another cool pac map. i do have one small problem with it though look at this screen shot. it appears that the map keeps trying to place a collector despite the area being covered in creeper. probably not big enough for resubmitting it. but it it still bugs me. other than that i love this map. it is hard which i like.

Xeos

Oh Right ! That's strange. I will go into it and see what that is.... but on another note, all my maps from now on will be hard and challenging. So look out for the next one which should be here by the weekend all being well :)
A child of 5 could beat this map ... Go fetch a child of 5 !

Hubs

Quote from: harrymcb on January 07, 2015, 01:59:54 PM
yet another cool pac map. i do have one small problem with it though look at this screen shot. it appears that the map keeps trying to place a collector despite the area being covered in creeper. probably not big enough for resubmitting it. but it it still bugs me. other than that i love this map. it is hard which i like.

I assume you're talking about the topr right corner? If you look really closely you don't have any creeper or digitalis there, so Abraxis think's it can build, then it immediately gets destroyed because of the creeper in the adjacent cell. It can be hard to catch and it looks like a rogue unit is building in your creeper/digitalis. If you see this happening use the field to push creeper over that area and build digitalis. That should stop it from building.

Hubs

Quote from: Xeos on January 07, 2015, 02:06:47 PM
Oh Right ! That's strange. I will go into it and see what that is.... but on another note, all my maps from now on will be hard and challenging. So look out for the next one which should be here by the weekend all being well :)

Can't wait to try it out!

thumbmaster

Quote from: Hubs on January 07, 2015, 02:25:45 PM
I assume you're talking about the topr right corner? If you look really closely you don't have any creeper or digitalis there, so Abraxis think's it can build, then it immediately gets destroyed because of the creeper in the adjacent cell. It can be hard to catch and it looks like a rogue unit is building in your creeper/digitalis. If you see this happening use the field to push creeper over that area and build digitalis. That should stop it from building.

Actually, similar thing happened to me as well. In the main island where the ore deposits are, the AI kept trying to rebuild ore mines even though it's neck-deep in creeper and digitalis. I even went back to make sure every pixel in that region was covered. It eventually stopped near the end of the game. Very odd.
Twas a sad day when we mothballed Creeper World for Particle Fleet.

Mujician

So clearly I'm a noob and I don't get this, or maybe its the controls I need to understand more? I don't seem to be able to get past the first land mass. Any suggestions? I read somewhere that you can adjust the time of the spores? How do I do this?

Xeos

Ok what you do is get the spore to aim in the void area between the 2 land massess and then when the spore hits, quickly add digitalis so it bridges the gap , then click on the field, put it on the creep on the first island and drag it towards the other island over the the digitalis and it will pull the creep in that direction. Hope that helps

Mujician

I got how to do it, but I just can't find a weak point. I've managed to get rid of one of the beams in the bottom left, but I can't get close :-/

Driving me nuts now!

Mujician

I've got through to the south base on the left hand side. I used the field direction on exploded spores.

Xeos

so have you done it now?
Something I do with the spores if I want to get a powerful hit is stop the map, delete them all with Shift X ( be careful to always leave at least one emitter else you will be screwed) , then place a spore at the farthest point then wait for it to fire then using the pause, keep stopping it when you get to a point on the map where you can place another spore that would be in synchronisation with it, then keep doing that all the way until you have them all synchronised. If you do it right they should all hit in one massive strike and be very powerful.

If you click on a spore then click on 'O' then select the place you want to strike, they will all strike at that point. 

Mujician

Yes I've done it now thanks! Although I'm struggling to get started with the devious arachnid!

Xeos

he he - That is a bit tougher :) If you're struggling let me know on the devious arachnid thread and I can help :)

teknotiss

you can use the "r" hotkey to restrict the spores from firing.
they will countdown to zero and then sit ready to fire when you click a target for them
hope that helps  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus