Custom Map #1475: The Singularity. By: Arghh!

Started by AutoPost, December 13, 2014, 07:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1475: The Singularity

Author: Arghh!
Size: 128x128

Desc:
ok, here goes.... I hope you like it! Comment on the forum!

Asbestos

Very easy, but there was always that sense of urgency to finish in time, which was great. Kind of like Farbor, but with less bits and pieces. It could definitely use more terrain and things, though.

Jerdog

Easy but highly original.  Lets see the same thing with a shorter timer.

Loren Pechtel

Hubs

Glad that script worked for you.

Jerdog's right, this was pretty easy. Mainly because the timer was so high. I think if that was reduced it would give a greater sense of urgency.

Also, when I played i managed to nullify the center emitter before one of the outer ones and the singularity effect stopped immediately (before timer ran out). Not sure if that was intentional. Guessing you didn't turn off "Nullifier Damages" on the crpl core, which means a nullifier can kill it. When the core is destroyed the singularity script stops running.

Other than that, this was a cool concept. I'd love to see more!

Arghh

ok, so I'm working on V2... managed to make it so you only have one CN.  I also reduced the timer back down to 5 min, and made it so the singularity will not be nullified if you hit the center emitter before it times out.  now I'm curious.  I am either no good as a player, or those changes made it too hard.  were you using multiple CNs to get through the first version?  or am i missing something :)

--Arghh

Hubs

Yeah, I was using all 3 CNs so I could nullify the outer emitters quickly. Some terrain would be nice too for v. 2.

Tero

Brilliant map!  The amount of time given to establish a foothold was well balanced.  But wonder if hiding or omitting the timer display would add suspense?  Expected secondary emitters with long delay start and over the top volume.  Either way, excellent work!
I respect those who quote me the least.