Steam - 64bit?

Started by MaHoTex, April 11, 2014, 02:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaHoTex

I was running the 64 bit version before transferring my play over to Steam.  When I installed steam, it apparently installed the 32 bit version.  Is there a way to force the 64 bit version download on steam?

MadMag

Is your Steam client 64 bit?
Steam is lacky on 64bit atm, but let me put it another way.. What was better with the 64 bit, or what problems does the 32 bit version give you?
I would also only run 64 bit, or if I could 128 but bit would not bit let me :)

knucracker

The 64bit version isn't on steam.  They don't have a good way to separate that out as a platform other than some system where it appears as a different app (which is something they have to manually setup).

MaHoTex

Good info.  Thanks for the reply.

For the record, I did not really note anything lacking when it switched to the 32-bit version.  I only noticed it was a bit slow when playing on a couple of maps last night, though, they were VERY busy maps and would have likely been slow on the 64-bit version.  No way to really know if it would have made a difference as I did not do a save game.

MadMag

QuoteNo way to really know if it would have made a difference as I did not do a save game.
I can tell you that they would for sure act the same way. (Depends a little on hardware, but yes)