Suggested Achievements

Started by kingarthur, March 08, 2014, 09:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingarthur

i had one i thought of. achievement: going old school. beat a map using only the units you would have from cw1. blaster, motar, collector, relay, etc. and the nullifier

Karsten75

I'm putting this in a separate thread. That way the update notification shows when Virgil updates the current list of achievements.

But make as many suggestions as you want. :)

knucracker

Yeah... What I'm really looking for is a kind of achievement that could be semi difficult to get and that you can't easily get by making some sort of custom map.  Achievements that met that criteria would be good additions.

Michionlion

Just a list of ideas I got while playing the first couple arc eternal maps:

achievement for early nullification of spore towers/emitters on Jojo.
achievement for nullifying something without building any weapons.
achievement for forgetting to build beams, and a spore wave lands.
achievement for moving/putting a unit on an unconnected powerzone, something like 'remote fighter'.
achievement for taking out all but one spore in a wave (or something similar-letting one through, or some such).
a progress achievement for nullifying emitters or spore towers early.  (would need some thought on this one, might want to only do it in arc eternal) (would reward players who can think creatively, but just can't get everything together fast enough).
achievement for nullifying more than one target at a time-maybe even two or three.
achievement for beating Seedet without Strafers.
achievement for beating Jojo without Beams.
achievement for beating Ormos without Terps.
achievement 'Rebel' for not dropping the CN in the tutorial markers on the first two maps.
achievement 'Thinking outside the drop zone' for a map (such as Seedet or Flick) where you don't drop in the obvious spot.
achievement 'Interconnection' for any one building (perhaps besides the CN) having more than 15 (or so) connections to other buildings.
achievement 'First %unit Destruction' for having %unit destroyed for the first time.
achievement 'Waylaid' for having all three CN's in the redeploy countdown.

That is all for now, but I'm sure I'll think of more.  Some of these are definitely in the 'make custom map to get' category, but I'll try to think of some more that are not.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Karsten75

You award the "mercy killing" badge for placing and then destroying a unit even before the game is unpaused.

Further, "Mercy killing" has some connotations I'm not entirely happy with. I can't come up with a better name - maybe "unfaithful" would be suitable? :)

knucracker

Quote from: Michionlion on March 10, 2014, 10:25:03 PM
Just a list of ideas I got while playing the first couple arc eternal maps:

Yeah, I think that some of the mission specific achievements might be fun.  Things that require certain actions on certain missions...

knucracker

Quote from: Karsten75 on March 10, 2014, 11:47:14 PM
You award the "mercy killing" badge for placing and then destroying a unit even before the game is unpaused.

Further, "Mercy killing" has some connotations I'm not entirely happy with. I can't come up with a better name - maybe "unfaithful" would be suitable? :)

I've changed from "Mercy Killing" to "R.I.P."

Asbestos

ACatastrophe (Fill the map with AC in a story mission)

planetfall

How 'bout some tricky ones?

You Will Not Go To Space Today - complete Flick without using bombers or strafers
Contrarian - complete Tiplex without destroying the digitalis-producing emitters
Area Denial - complete Chanson without losing a unit to gliders, sniping a glider, or destroying a glider spawner
Not Gonna Vapen - complete Vapen without activating the field-thingy
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Tjgalon

Score in the top 10 on a mission with at least 20 scores, I am going to say that will be hard, but I do like the idea.
Trying to help think of a name. "Better then the rest", "Top 10 winner" something like that.

Karsten75

Quote from: Tjgalon on March 13, 2014, 02:12:27 PM
Trying to help think of a name. "Better then the rest", "Top 10 winner" something like that.

"Born leedar"  :)

Tjgalon

I know there some hard to easy maps in the alpha sector, but I believe as the creator, you should have an achievement name for you.

"Virgilw Achievement" for beating all your planets in your sector.

Looks like you got your name Karsten, heh

stewbasic

Achievements could also encourage the player to explore game mechanics (they don't have to be challenging). eg

Power overwhelming - build one of each unit on a power zone (accumulates across maps)
Skyroad - connect two networks by flying a command node over void.
Aerial refueling - fill a unit's ammo from 0 to max without it landing.
Guerrilla tactics - have a mortar land, fire and lift off within a second.
Juggler - keep 5 units in the air for 2 minutes (fixed set of units, contiguous 2 minute interval)
Grandguppy - use a guppy to build another guppy.

(I'm sure there were a bunch of things I never though of trying until some map forced me to, but I can only think of a few off the top of my head).

Edit: One more idea, not related to the above...

Close call - detonate a nullifier with less than 10% health.

Tjgalon

I know some Alpha sector  maps can't be beaten due to bug s or something. unless they been fix, and i am not aware, but I was thinking this. there are 124 maps in there right now.

100 maps completed - Hero of the Alpha Sector.
I know i have 69 of them complete, and still working on other.

miquelfire

I need to get back to alpha some day.