Custom Map #1402: GMM F2. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, June 18, 2019, 06:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1402: GMM F2

Author: FOXX
Size: 262x248

Desc:
GoodMorning Mode game. #BravoGoodMorning #ThanksToBuilder17 #ThanksToYum234 #TiconDefenseRange by Stickman #EditStruc #ParticlesOverMiredLand #LagMap This is Going to Take Some Time. #NextTimeSmallerMap

serleth

I'll say it again, mire blockers trivialize these missions. One of my favourite game modes, always made easy with mire blockers. I was able to get halfway through without them before they became required, probably the first gmm map I've played where they were ever required, which at least was a nice change of pace, but still.

These maps are better designed without them.

I also prefer them with stupid crap required like throwing all your omnis onto enemy mire just to disable cannons which make progression possible.

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

FOXX

Quote from: serleth on June 19, 2019, 02:14:43 AM
I'll say it again, mire blockers trivialize these missions. One of my favourite game modes, always made easy with mire blockers. I was able to get halfway through without them before they became required, probably the first gmm map I've played where they were ever required, which at least was a nice change of pace, but still.

I also prefer them with stupid crap required like throwing all your omnis onto enemy mire just to disable cannons which make progression possible.
I had a couple of glitches with the MireBlockers.
Next one is MireBlocker free.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

RrR

Nice game.

I kept getting my mire blockers stuck on top of each other. I also keep losing them somewhere on the map

FOXX

Quote from: RrR on June 19, 2019, 10:46:26 AM
Nice game.

I kept getting my mire blockers stuck on top of each other. I also keep losing them somewhere on the map
Thanks for the feedback RnR.
I had those glitches also when playing. Had to reload savegame to continue properly. If i noticed correctly when you clicked on a MireBlocker or replaced a MireBlocker clicking the cancel button prevents the glitch.

Greets
FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Tashen

I loved the map, but the time on it went so slow.  It took me about an hour to finish in game time, but it took about 4 hours in real time.  I don't know if there is a setting I can change to help with that, but other than that I liked the map a lot.

FOXX

Quote from: Tashen on June 19, 2019, 04:52:20 PM
I loved the map, but the time on it went so slow.  It took me about an hour to finish in game time, but it took about 4 hours in real time.  I don't know if there is a setting I can change to help with that, but other than that I liked the map a lot.
Thanks Tashen,

Not afaik. I had also lots of lag on this map.
With these maps i can't go all out i have to make them smaller and hoping no lag occurs then.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

CyberDyneSystems

Quote from: serleth on June 19, 2019, 02:14:43 AM

Prior to this map, I might have agreed with your sentiment, but on this map using the blockers was actually a joy! Once I embraced them, wow!

Those long straight aways that Foxx populated with 100+ mire emitters and a single mire blocker were soooo much fun to tackle. Just keep moving the blocker up, one emitter at a time. I loved it. Add to that the opposite cases, where the twists and turns forced us to really think about how and where to employ the blockers, and one HAD to do so to make it work.
Those two 180 degree examples of the use of the blockers made THIS map, THE blocker map!
IMHO the Blocker came into it's own here.

CyberDyneSystems

Quote from: FOXX on June 19, 2019, 02:39:31 PM
Quote from: RrR on June 19, 2019, 10:46:26 AM
Nice game.

Thanks for the feedback RnR.
I had those glitches also when playing. Had to reload savegame to continue properly. If i noticed correctly when you clicked on a MireBlocker or replaced a MireBlocker clicking the cancel button prevents the glitch.

Greets
FOXX

Copious use of the space bar to release them was my key to success. Also saves helped. Also since when I use them they always seem to leave a mark on the path where they used to be, (seems to alter the elevation?) any time I needed to "park" a blocker to get it out of the way, and I didn't have a new use yet, I would make sure to drop it back on one of the previously marked areas.

FOXX

Quote from: CyberDyneSystems on June 20, 2019, 09:48:37 PM
Copious use of the space bar to release them was my key to success. Also saves helped.
Aha, so space bar it is.
QuoteAlso since when I use them they always seem to leave a mark on the path where they used to be, (seems to alter the elevation?) any time I needed to "park" a blocker to get it out of the way, and I didn't have a new use yet, I would make sure to drop it back on one of the previously marked areas.
Yes, when you place the MireBlocker it makes a stripe of land. Just noticed this when finalizing. Made the landheight 3 on the mireblocker because it was easier then redo all the land.

Thanks for info CyberDyneSystems.
Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Jim359

Man, was that a slugging match or what?  I liked it.  :)

Thanks Foxx

FOXX

Quote from: Jim359 on June 28, 2019, 03:19:21 PM
Man, was that a slugging match or what?  I liked it.  :)

Thanks Foxx
:)
Welcome Jim359.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!