General Questions

Started by D0m0nik, September 15, 2016, 01:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xalos

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 20, 2016, 02:35:31 AMAlso, Exchange #27 has a grey background in the mission select carousel, as opposed to the normal blue. Looking back, so do a few earlier missions. Cause?

I'm pretty sure all World Editor missions are on one color background, while all Simulacrum missions are on a different color background.

knucracker

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 20, 2016, 02:35:31 AM
I see that the "preview" label is off the main menu, but still in-game. Intentional?

Also, Exchange #27 has a grey background in the mission select carousel, as opposed to the normal blue. Looking back, so do a few earlier missions. Cause?

Yeah, took the preview stuff off the main menu along with the eula and other stuff that was used for beta.  It was mostly for the steam approval build (which the game has now passed), but it needed to go anyway.  I left it in the game view but it will go away from there soon.

Karsten75

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 20, 2016, 02:35:31 AM

Also, Exchange #27 has a grey background in the mission select carousel, as opposed to the normal blue. Looking back, so do a few earlier missions. Cause?

Difference between missions submitted from the Simulacrum or from the map editor

SuperTerminator

Quote from: planetfall on September 17, 2016, 06:14:21 PM
Quote from: gakm4 on September 17, 2016, 05:59:36 PM
When making a map will it be possible to force people to use the predesignated fleet instead of a custom one?

Yes, via PRPL, though that's a nasty trick that would likely get you lots of negative votes. Actually this gives me an idea... A custom map generator that uses the player-selected fleet as the seed, assuming the RNG works the same way as it did in CW3... hmm...

Oh gosh, lets hope my CPU likes tens of thousands of particles assaulting my fleet...

Here's an idea: Since the game gives you a total fleet cost, maybe that could be used to amplify emitters, or maybe tie in emitter strength to the cost of ships currently built. Pair that with ship spawners and you've got yourself a grudge match XD.
I tried making CW3 custom maps once upon a time. I kinda failed. My maps were too large/stupidly long/stupidly easy. I think I only ever made one really good map, and its not for people who hate spores. I mean it'd be good shock therapy xD

SuperTerminator

Sorry for the double post, got distracted while writing this and commented on something else :P

I believe this may have been discussed before, but I'll bring it back up here anyway.

In the future (aka post release), would it be possible to make the HQ ship customizable to an extent? The normal default is cool and all, but considering how much the editor allows for custom ships, it would be nice if we could eventually be able to customize the HQ ship under certain constraints (aka very limited weapon access and limited reactor access/no ports), as well as allowing them to be set by map makers.
I tried making CW3 custom maps once upon a time. I kinda failed. My maps were too large/stupidly long/stupidly easy. I think I only ever made one really good map, and its not for people who hate spores. I mean it'd be good shock therapy xD

miquelfire

And considering that the HQ in the prologue is different, I don't see why not!

GoodMorning

Emitter control claims not to take effect until 100%, but is observable working at 60%. Presumably this is merely versioning, but I'll bring it up.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

knucracker

The field it projects ramps in strength up from 0 to 100%.  But at 50% or so it is strong enough to push particles around most of the time.

GoodMorning

That was my guess, that it hits critical mass at partial strength.

The "?" button in the top-right of the upgrade says that it's all-or-nothing, so that will need a text change.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

gakm4

Is it possible to create custom victory/defeat conditions and is it possible to set multiple different conditions on the same map with their own unique dialog at the end?

Sorrontis

Yep! It just requires a bit of PRPL coding. Once the PRPL is populated on the wiki, you can expect people (including yours truly) to make maps with odd objectives.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Tjgalon

So i was trying to figure out a challagely hard map, anyone have an idea which can be consider very hard. I like to try to test my skills

Tjgalon

I also have a 2nd question. I been trying to mess with some ship making, but I been running into a power trouble with it. When the weapons are forced to fire long, it seem, even with i have a full stock of energy that the ship wont power up enough. Is there a trick you guys found, or should I just lower the weapons or something.

Darkmega

Quote from: Tjgalon on September 25, 2016, 01:17:40 PM
I also have a 2nd question. I been trying to mess with some ship making, but I been running into a power trouble with it. When the weapons are forced to fire long, it seem, even with i have a full stock of energy that the ship wont power up enough. Is there a trick you guys found, or should I just lower the weapons or something.

tried having storage or guppies or possibly moving some units out of energy mine but into a tanker's range or something of the sort due to too many things requesting energy too quickly?

Tjgalon

it was on a custom map, it how i test my ship designs and so the mine had plenty of energy, i always had 100+stored, but I guess the ship needs more energy then can be supplied at once