Custom Map #9942: Some Spores. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, March 31, 2022, 03:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weasee

ok, so "some" spores, how bad can that be?
ok, pretty bad  :o

it took me a long time trying to beat that first wave until I remembered about STUPID HIDDEN TARGETS ARGHGH!
...then it was easy  ;D ;D ;D

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on April 01, 2022, 07:43:27 PM
Quote from: teknotiss on April 01, 2022, 07:11:44 PM
i ruined that score... sorry  :o

Sure you are!
Your cousins in Canada have a name for guys like you.
:)

top bloke?  ::) ??? ;D ;D ;D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Martin Gronsdal

Weasee, at least you are not the one that cracked it

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: teknotiss on April 01, 2022, 07:10:51 PM
Quote from: wolfgoesmoo on April 01, 2022, 05:01:46 PM
Man, I can't even figure out how to get this started! I read the earlier spoiler about

Spoiler
using the snipers to uncover the power zones
[close]

but still get wrecked in the first wave no matter what I do!

hey dude!

Spoiler
if you build enough beams to fill all spore towers i meant all PZ's..... , then save, you can restart easier.

DO NOT build anything apart from the sniper and the beams, then once the beams are all in PZ's you can place a collector grid and a forge, then fill the space on the lower island with reactors (leaving room for a few blasters to get a foothold on the creeper area)
[close]

hope that helps!  8)

Thanks! Martin's hint got me started on this approach. I can't quite get a toehold on the main north section, but I'm sure it's just a matter of persistence.

D0m0nik

Thanks! Martin's hint got me started on this approach. I can't quite get a toehold on the main north section, but I'm sure it's just a matter of persistence.

It's just a matter of berthas!

teknotiss

Quote from: D0m0nik on April 03, 2022, 03:51:02 AM

seconded!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

wolfgoesmoo

Quote from: D0m0nik on April 03, 2022, 03:51:02 AM

Ha, I wasn't even paying attention. I did it without any Berthas.

stdout

Using the two convert artifacts the berthas are un-necessary (although they are helpful!)

Dark6al3a

Is it just me or is This map Really Low Effort ?
Waiting for Something to Happen ?

Martin Gronsdal

teknotiss

Quote from: Dark6al3a on April 06, 2022, 10:20:42 PM

just you...  ;) ;D ;D ;D

this map is pretty high effort, if you want to see some examples of low effort maps hang around CS and some will crop up... then we report them as insta-win or achievement maps and they are deleted.

we also have a policy of being nice and friendly in these fora to each other, and especially to the few people who make a lot of the maps still being posted... and we prefer using constructive criticisms rather than drive by passive aggressive comments.

please bear this friendly advice in mind for your future interactions with the people here!

cheers! 8)

Dark6al3a

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on April 07, 2022, 01:36:57 AM
Depends on what you mean by that?
I feel like it's made in 5 minutes
Although It's probably longer than that

Dark6al3a

Quote from: teknotiss on April 07, 2022, 03:54:38 PM
Quote from: Dark6al3a on April 06, 2022, 10:20:42 PM

just you...  ;) ;D ;D ;D

this map is pretty high effort, if you want to see some examples of low effort maps hang around CS and some will crop up... then we report them as insta-win or achievement maps and they are deleted.

we also have a policy of being nice and friendly in these fora to each other, and especially to the few people who make a lot of the maps still being posted... and we prefer using constructive criticisms rather than drive by passive aggressive comments.

please bear this friendly advice in mind for your future interactions with the people here!

cheers! 8)
Yeah...CS is filled with doodle maps
And I found this map with a lot of Dloads and Scores, So I got curious why
I usually take around 2 or 3 hours with my Maps
Because I don't like to find someone saying "bad map"
or "low effort map"
I try to make 'em as good as I can while not taking way too much time with 'em
But for this map I don't really know why it is high effort
It looks just like another Doodle map

Sorry If I sound rude to Martin Gronsdal, But I don't really like to find CS filled with Doodles
It may be just me, As it's just my opinion

And thanks for the advice teknotiss, I really appreciate it (: