What I would like to see in a future patch

Started by pawel345, October 05, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grauniad

Quote from: teknotiss on January 06, 2014, 05:09:12 PM
i like the details button, but having a DL/play button in the front screen will save a lot of clicking when coming back to play an in progress map.
cheers V for the DMD's prev and next buttons!

What V said, and think of it as a preview screen and where you can load your saves from.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

teknotiss

Quote from: virgilw on January 06, 2014, 05:15:58 PM
Previously, the 'Play' button on the main list went to the current details page where you had to select what to do (load a save slot, restart, etc.)

Quote from: Grauniad on January 06, 2014, 05:19:16 PM
What V said, and think of it as a preview screen and where you can load your saves from.

did it? oh yes my memory sucks, well it'd still be nice to to be able to "DL/play/load-last-save" straight from the CS menu(or is page more appropriate? more like a page in my mind, but i've been messing with a win 8 tablet for a bit ::)), and the "Details" button will let you choose earlier saves if you need them, just after less clicking (yes i am that lazy ;))
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Godsbrother

Currently in the CS details screen you press 'view scores' to go to a separate screen for scores.  Personally, I'd like to see the scores directly on the details screen with the larger map view rather than having to click back and forth.  Though in deference to those that don't want to see scores or whose monitors are too small, there could be a toggle for this on the detail screen or in settings.  
If you liked this could allow you to remove the extra scores screen altogether,consolidating the separate 'view scores' button on the main map page with the details button

Spoiler
[close]

"If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true, and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."   Penn Jillette

Mefi

I'd like to see nr of targets that Nullifier will have in range.  I missed some 2n or 3rd targets by pixels.

Asbestos

The ability to disable totem packets. More than once I've connected to a big group of totems and found I'm out of energy.

Grauniad

Quote from: Mefi on January 12, 2014, 11:05:56 AM
I'd like to see nr of targets that Nullifier will have in range.  I missed some 2n or 3rd targets by pixels.

This I concur.

Quote from: Asbestos on January 17, 2014, 08:39:57 PM
The ability to disable totem packets. More than once I've connected to a big group of totems and found I'm out of energy.

Hmm.. let me check, I thought that was already in the controls? Wow, must be an oversight... Time to ask the MMWC... :P

Oh wait, according to the MMWC, just turn off the Totems - disable/Stop resupply. I knew I've done it on a few maps.

timotimo

this may be a too big request, but i'd like to be able to build queues of buildings, like you would in other RTSs with the shift key.

When starting the game, I usually like to create a network of collectors, but I have to make extra sure to either disable some manually or place the starting collectors out of reach of the CN, or let the game run for a little bit.

What I'd like to be able to do is select an unbuilt building, hold shift, place another one so that the second one will only get started as soon as the first one is built.

Is that a sensible request at all?

Clean0nion

Quote from: timotimo on January 19, 2014, 04:02:41 AM
this may be a too big request, but i'd like to be able to build queues of buildings, like you would in other RTSs with the shift key.

When starting the game, I usually like to create a network of collectors, but I have to make extra sure to either disable some manually or place the starting collectors out of reach of the CN, or let the game run for a little bit.

What I'd like to be able to do is select an unbuilt building, hold shift, place another one so that the second one will only get started as soon as the first one is built.

I think that can be boiled down to simple micromanagement.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: timotimo on January 19, 2014, 04:02:41 AM

Actually, it's an awesome idea, well argued.

I'd love the ability to 'plan' my base and build buildings or weapons sequentially to avoid the power drain of building all at once, or having to micro manage disabling non essential building units.

A similar system was suggested during beta testing, but for whatever reason, it wasn't followed up.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

timotimo

Quote from: Clean0nion on January 19, 2014, 08:50:04 AM
I think that can be boiled down to simple micromanagement.

Well, yeah, but I prefer to micromanage my stuff ahead of time - especially since i could, to micro-optimize build orders and such - save the game, unpause, see how it played out and optionally restore and fiddle from the beginning ...

But not having this feature wouldn't kill me.

pawel345

It would be cool to be able to order a group of units to arrive/fire at the same time. Like I can set a few PC and Mortars with a Shield, a Guppy and a Bertha, and order them to land simultaneously, so that the faster ones will slow down to the speed of arrival of the slowest and most far away one, and the Bertha will calculate how long does it take for a shot to fly and fire so that it explodes a the same time. Right now such an assault requires a lot of micromanagement, and you can still get the timing wrong. And since CW is a strategy game and not a "how good are you at clicking the right buttons at the right time" type of game, such an element could be really nice since it would allow you to plan better assaults.

MadMag

QuoteIt would be cool to be able to order a group of units to arrive/fire at the same time.

Arrive at the same time would have been awesome!

Grauniad

Quote from: MadMag on January 20, 2014, 04:44:22 AM

I've asked for that in the past as well...

teknotiss

Quote from: Grauniad on January 20, 2014, 09:48:50 AM
Quote from: MadMag on January 20, 2014, 04:44:22 AM

I've asked for that in the past as well...
consider the bandwagon hopped on! me too!  :D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

asmussen

I'd like to see a check box type option to change the behavior of terps so that they will concentrate on the closest points first, completing them to the full level specified by the player before moving on to further away points. The way it is now, if you want to terraform a large area efficiently, you have to micromanage the process by only selecting small amounts of terrain at a time so that the terps will complete that area before touching anything else. If you mark off a large area, it can be a long time before ANY of the areas get completed, when you could have been using that space for building as it was completed, instead. I don't think the default behavior necessarily needs to change, but I think it'd be a really nice feature to be able to toggle between that and a behavior that prioritizes the point selection more completely based on the proximity to the terp, so that when you want to, you could use a broad brush to paint a large area for 'terping', without seriously delaying the time until the first usable areas of land are finished.
Shawn Asmussen