Discuss on discord instead of discuss on forum??

Started by renelm, January 03, 2023, 11:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renelm

Hello,

I've notived, that the "discuss on forum" link on the various map has changed to 'discuss on discord' at some point.

I just tried clicking the link.. which opens this link (for the speciic map 'The Ring [3802]', buth with all "censorbars" instead of the posted messages.. probably because I have not joined the server..

How do I join the server, so I can actually discuss this map?? I am guessing I need an invite link somewhere?? Discord might have benefits over the forum, but for someone who is not on the server, it sure isn't easy...

Happy New Years!

Builder17

Quote from: renelm on January 03, 2023, 11:48:39 AMHow do I join the server, so I can actually discuss this map?? I am guessing I need an invite link somewhere?? Discord might have benefits over the forum, but for someone who is not on the server, it sure isn't easy...

Hi, here's the invite link: https://discord.gg/knucklecracker

:)

Karsten75

Quote from: renelm on January 03, 2023, 11:48:39 AMHello,

I've notived, that the "discuss on forum" link on the various map has changed to 'discuss on discord' at some point.

I just tried clicking the link.. which opens this link (for the speciic map 'The Ring [3802]', buth with all "censorbars" instead of the posted messages.. probably because I have not joined the server..

How do I join the server, so I can actually discuss this map?? I am guessing I need an invite link somewhere?? Discord might have benefits over the forum, but for someone who is not on the server, it sure isn't easy...

Happy New Years!

Hi, this is interesting, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope that this hasn't happened to too many other users and that it's just that you are the first to experience this.

In our testing,  a browser window opened and from there you could either browse in the browser, or open the Discord app. But admittedly, we had Discord userids and we had joined the forums. Hence the specific scenario you mention has not been evaluated.

The invite link for the server is on the front page of the game. it says "Join the  Discord".

Additionally, the Knuckle Cracker homepage has a link:

[

There was also a link in the top navigation bar of the old forum, but we did not migrate that, maybe we should have, but there is a link pinned in Announcements

I guess there are other links scattered around and I'm glad Builder17 gave you an invite link.

We are also a public Discord server and is searchable and can be found that way. I forgot to look if we have any links on Steam discussion boards.

Please let me know where you looked for a link so we can rectify the omission.

Hoping to see you soon on Discord! :D

Karsten75

One more thing. 

From our testing, if you go to Discord via the in-game (in map "Discuss on Discord" link, you arrive at a page that asks you to log in r register

It's not clear if you saw the "censor bars" before or after this, or if, after registering, it failed to take you to the Discord server, or more hopefully, directly to the thread on Discord.

It's quite likly that there is a Discord glitch where a newly registered member that have not joined the server might be blocked from seeing contents of a thread?

Karsten75

One last thing.  I checked Discord logs and I think you did arrive on our Discord, eventually?

Even more baffling to me is why I didn't see your original post here for a full two days until a Discord moderator drew my attention to it. My bad, and please accept my apologies for not responding earlier.