Custom ship editor: build ships up to size 128x128 (v0.3.4)

Started by kajacx, December 20, 2016, 08:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOXX

I have made a Video about this -> Hope that helps.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Random Event

Is anything truly random?

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Random Event

Quote from: kajacx on July 22, 2017, 08:03:06 AM
Quote from: TECHNO 1 on July 21, 2017, 10:22:27 PM
the center module costs freaking 15k energy

Yea, the long build times are a problem. GoodMorning has a shipyard script that speeds up ship building, but it's a bit complicated to use at first (he may improved it since). I have made my own script that speeds up ship building, but that one pull the energy out of thin air, which could be viewed as "cheating".

I'll probably make a new thread with summary of all current options to quicky build large ships.

You said you have a script that speeds ship building? can you please send me it as i might use it in a mission i'm working on?
Is anything truly random?

Builder17

Quote from: Random Event on February 03, 2019, 04:27:31 PM
Quote from: TECHNO 1 on July 21, 2017, 10:22:27 PM
the center module costs freaking 15k energy

Yea, the long build times are a problem. GoodMorning has a shipyard script that speeds up ship building, but it's a bit complicated to use at first (he may improved it since). I have made my own script that speeds up ship building, but that one pull the energy out of thin air, which could be viewed as "cheating".

I'll probably make a new thread with summary of all current options to quicky build large ships.

You said you have a script that speeds ship building? can you please send me it as i might use it in a mission i'm working on?

Script isn't in here sadly, but some other good scripts and instructions. :)
https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=30085.0

Builder17

Quote from: Builder17 on February 04, 2019, 12:13:48 AM
Quote from: Random Event on February 03, 2019, 04:27:31 PM

Script isn't in here sadly, but some other good scripts and instructions. :)
https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=30085.0

Fey-Yell

I tried this, and while it works for all the original ship parts, when I try to put zz_adder files for ships into a map, it runs into an error. "Invalid token", on the last line, "SetScriptVar%n", specifically. I haven't even started putting in the other mods, just the ones that came with the editor. I got the game recently, so it should be up to date (1.1.4). Likewise for the ship constructor. (0.3.4)
This is the last line.
    <-RSS_Uid "CmDisplay.prpl" "Ship" <-RSS_ShipName concat CreateList SetScriptVar%n

If I remove the last "%n", it compiles, but I still don't see the mods on the ships when I build them, and I don't see them when I mouse over them. And they (the modded modules) don't seem to be doing anything, when fully built. Likewise, if I edit out the last line. So, what am I doing wrong?

Edit: I also tried with other mods that I know work, by replacing the ship builder mods with the new mods via replace in text. Those mods don't show up either.

zargoyards

hey, so new player here, how do I excatly instal this mod ? bear in mind that I'm quite computer illeterate

GoodMorning

It's not a mod to the core game, it's a third-party tool. Download the zip, unpack it, and run.

If you don't know enough for that, I'd suggest being very cautious about running code from random people on the Internet, though this time it's probably safe.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

zargoyards

Quote from: GoodMorning on July 12, 2022, 06:01:15 PM
It's not a mod to the core game, it's a third-party tool. Download the zip, unpack it, and run.

If you don't know enough for that, I'd suggest being very cautious about running code from random people on the Internet, though this time it's probably safe.
alright, thanks, I wasn't sure if it was a traditional mod where you needed to slip the files in the game. thanks for the info

nullverse

may i ask how do import the file into particle fleet emergence i do not know how this works