Custom Map #638: The Great Sphere. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, February 12, 2017, 03:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #638: The Great Sphere

Author: Decagon
Size: 400x180

Desc:
The location of the true Seloi homeworld is a secret long held by GalCorp, hiding its existence behind the lie of another Origin world somewhere else in Redacted Space. Arriving at the entrance to the Seloi home system, the Crystallids are confronted by a massive GalCorp armada. WARNING: Contains a ship larger than normally allowed. I have had no issues, though play at your own risk.

RrR

Somehow I beat the map before the giant allied ship came into play. So I spared a few of the enemy ships to watch the big beast crush them.

Spoiler
A huge swarm of omnis sent to the back of the map stop most of the little ships respawning
[close]

ChaosMaster130

Oh hey I found a sneaky little trick that lets you cheese the map. you do need slip a bunch of OMNIs behind enemy lines first though.
Spoiler
It involves the Having the OMNIs taking out the enemy mothership, then the rock burner tech, The Normal HQ ship that can teleport behind enemy lines, and a AMP gem. I believe you can figure it out from there.
[close]

Pretty cool map otherwise.
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: ChaosMaster130 on February 17, 2017, 12:02:43 AM
Oh hey I found a sneaky little trick that lets you cheese the map. you do need slip a bunch of OMNIs behind enemy lines first though.
Spoiler
It involves the Having the OMNIs taking out the enemy mothership, then the rock burner tech, The Normal HQ ship that can teleport behind enemy lines, and a AMP gem. I believe you can figure it out from there.
[close]

Pretty cool map otherwise.

Well, I generally don't mind how people like to play my maps. If they feel like they want to cheese it somehow, they can go right ahead. Doing that, though, has the danger of potentially cutting out a piece of the narrative (and a risk of cutting out some really cool stuff happening, i.e the automated fleet wrecking the enemy armada).

Then again, if you don't care about the story or the cool stuff, then whatever.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

FOXX

Yeah, the best way to play a map is how the map is intended to play.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

strigvir

What are the exact triggers for the sphere though? Shooting in the direction is not enough, is there a time requirement involved?

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: strigvir on March 01, 2017, 08:33:01 AM
What are the exact triggers for the sphere though? Shooting in the direction is not enough, is there a time requirement involved?

The Sphere triggers itself 20 minutes in.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

Enjoyable map, though I do wonder if (given time) one could work through that fleet without help.

Then again, the respawn timers seem to give a solid "no".
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: GoodMorning on May 01, 2017, 05:43:00 AM
Enjoyable map, though I do wonder if (given time) one could work through that fleet without help.

Then again, the respawn timers seem to give a solid "no".

And yet some people seem to have been able to finish the map in around 10 minutes, barely halfway to the activation sequence. :P