Custom Map #672: Final Holdout. By: blainicus

Started by AutoPost, February 27, 2017, 12:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #672: Final Holdout

Author: blainicus
Size: 500x300

Desc:
After defeating the particulate at its origin world, Ticon and his crew focus their attacks on the last remaining infected world.

blainicus

Please leave feedback so I can improve my next map!

stdout

Another winner! Loved it and will be replaying it several times to improve my score. Keep it up, these are fun maps.

blainicus

Quote from: stdout on February 27, 2017, 08:40:19 AM
Another winner! Loved it and will be replaying it several times to improve my score. Keep it up, these are fun maps.
Thanks dude! :)

ChaosMaster130

I've found that it's not that hard to slide in a delver mk2 in the top right corner and then slowly make my way down clockwise. made the last third of the map pretty easy.
Not sure if that was intentional or not >_>
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

blainicus

Quote from: ChaosMaster130 on March 01, 2017, 06:58:46 AM
I've found that it's not that hard to slide in a delver mk2 in the top right corner and then slowly make my way down clockwise. made the last third of the map pretty easy.
Not sure if that was intentional or not >_>

It wasn't, but it's ok, I like it when people find ways to jump the scoreboards :)

D0m0nik

It wasn't, but it's ok, I like it when people find ways to jump the scoreboards :)
[/quote]

Sneaky short cuts always make a map much more enjoyable for me, if a level is clearly linear and has no room for creative play I find it very boring. This was a great level, the emitters close to land allowed for a lot of multi-tasking with omnis and the custom ships were perfect for the map. 

I played it twice, frist time 19 seconds behind Evilcorp and second time 2 seconds behind  :o

CyberDyneSystems

What a fun map!

I just finally got here to Particle fleet, though I've been paying KnuckeCracker games since Creeper World 1. So this was my 3 custom map played after going through the story mode etc..
I am duly impressed!

I loved the tricky land war with the Omnis, took me a bit to figure out how to tackle that powerful red mire.

Custom ships were over the top and again great for the mission!

I too ended up dropping a core drill at top right "behind enemy lines" and worked my way down,. but I only realized that possibility after paying for nearly and hour! Great fun.

CyberDyneSystems

P.S. I did not see a way to rate custom maps, but I see that the ratings are there. Is it because I used a custom "sandbox" fleet?

I'm such a noob, even with my own Dreadnoughts I was stuck for nearly an hour. Being new to the custom maps I had no idea how much you guys would be able to scale up the game difficulty, and sheer size of enemey and custom ships!.  Should have guessed after seeing it in the other games.