Custom Map #9622: Islands. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, July 31, 2021, 10:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9622: Islands

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 256x256

Desc:
no tricks, Ore-only, modest spores. Play for time!

D0m0nik

Those large payloads are brutal!! On my 4th restart!

Martin Gronsdal

if you don't like things

Spoiler
get rid of them ;)
[close]

;)

D0m0nik

Yeah don't worry, I'm all over it! Easier said than done, the first 10 minutes are a real juggle!

D0m0nik

Really enjoyed that, thanks for the map. Bit like a DMD but you have to work for it!

Martin Gronsdal

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, I saw all that nonsense and decided to do things my own way...

Managed this fairly easily (but took a lot longer) on my first attempt. Decided to only use 1 CN and 1 beam. Because who needs more than one beam on a map like this?  :P (Ore mines and forge also, obviously)

Dare ya to remake this map with a 1-beam and 1-CN limit and watch the "1" ratings pour in, lol.

I can see how this could be a difficult map for standard players, but probably a delight for speedrunners. Overall, I enjoyed this map. It was long but pretty relaxing using the "Potato Chip" strategy.

Thanks for the map!  ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Martin Gronsdal

problem is that you have to beat the map in order to post it. If you understand ;)

thanks for playing

Johnny Haywire

Ah, gotcha. LOL. Well, if I get around to it I suppose I could post such an atrocity of a map. Or if you'd prefer I could give you some hints... unless you know the solution but feel it's too tedious?

Martin Gronsdal

D0m0nik - what processor are you and how many RAM is in your brain?   ;D

D0m0nik

I am actually the love child of Bill Gates and Elon Musk, I have never seen daylight, please send help.

Martin Gronsdal

Johnny Haywire

Spoiler
Spores don't fire at ore mines, sprayers, or forge. Or beams, but that's not really important at the start. So build a lot of mines & sprayers.
[close]

If ya need a second hint:

Spoiler
See that 25-spore tower? What if you could somehow... maybe... get some AC there and plant a nullifier? Oh wait, but how would you power it? Hmmm... there's a landing spot here... and another landing spot there... if only you could.. hmm...
[close]

Martin Gronsdal

When you wrote "1-beam and 1-CN limit" I thought you meant that literally, as in, no other units!

Got it