Main Menu

Why we game

Started by knucracker, August 29, 2012, 11:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

SmileyCoder

Very interesting and deep article with some good perspectives. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

<Joke>
Now quit mugging about and finish CW3 so I can continue to ignore my life.
</Joke>
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Cavemaniac

It's interesting that it took so long for this topic to get so few replies.

I suspect that many of us found the article uncomfortable reading...

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

lurkily

Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 05, 2012, 04:00:51 PM

It's interesting that it took so long for this topic to get so few replies.

I suspect that many of us found the article uncomfortable reading...

It reminded me of the art of game design, and what it had to say about the responsibility a game designer has to his gamers.

teknotiss

certainly guilty of too much gaming myself, and when i used to be pretty stressed i used games to unwind. that put a crimp on my social life, but i managed to avoid falling into the trap of fanatic gaming.  :o now i mostly play CW2, CoH and some Civ4 but the last two only occasionally and CW2 (alot) when watch/listening to Docs/SciFi shows
i had a friend who quit working, university, his girlfriend and mates to play EVE online about 20 hours a day. pretty sad really.  >:(
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

TrickyDragon

Aye...      games games games......    love them but balance is key to everything in life.
This is Life,  Life happens.

4xC

Quote from: TrickyDragon on September 05, 2012, 11:25:53 PM
Aye...      games games games......    love them but balance is key to everything in life.

That's exactly the point I always wanted to make clear: balance is at the center of all things.

And as for that article, Whoooooa!  :o

Until now, I thought VG's were underrated subjects of essential lifestyle. But now, I feel closely registered as another part of the subject. I am currently trying to balance my VG time with my college classes and studies and that is proveng VERY tricky.

Making time to finish that last assignment and maintaining a healthy relationship with VG's like the CW series is not just a trial; it's a whole science. From the productvity of the college work to the relevance of the online posts to the relationships with schoolmates, family, friends, and online collegues.
C,C,C,C