CW3 Doesn't start

Started by FelipeHC, March 30, 2014, 10:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FelipeHC

Hello,

Just bought this game on steam but the game doesn't start (running as administrator doesn't help, also already rebooted my machine and reinstalled the game). Whenever I try to run the game, a small popup appears for 2 seconds then closes with no error. Attached you can find the log file.

Thanx for the help.

Michionlion

here is the relevant part:

Lots of lines like this:
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Creeper World 3/CW3_Data/Mono/libC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Creeper World 3/CW3_Data/Plugins/CSteamworks.dll

and then this:

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

[Steamworks] Could not load [lib]steam_api.dll. It's likely not in the correct location.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

Exiting Application

RenameDir Error

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory 'C:\Users\Felipe\Documents/creeperworld3' not found.

at System.IO.Directory.GetFileSystemEntries (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, FileAttributes mask, FileAttributes attrs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories (System.String path, System.String searchPattern) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FileManager.RenameDir (System.String path, System.String dir) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Creeper World 3/CW3_Data/Mono/.\C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Creeper World 3/CW3_Data/Plugins/CSteamworks.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Creeper World 3/CW3_Data/Mono/.\C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Creeper World 3/CW3_Data/Plugins/CSteamworks
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Creeper World 3/CW3_Data/Mono/libC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Creeper World 3/CW3_Data/Plugins/CSteamworks.dll
Fallback handler could not load library C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Creeper World 3/CW3_Data/Mono/.\libC:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Creeper World 3/CW3_Data/Plugins/CSteamworks.dll

Just on a limb, does your Documents folder have any special privileges or other things like that?  Are you running Windows 7 or 8?  Just as an experiment, create a dir in 'Documents' called 'creeperworld3', and then run cw3 and copy the resulting log here.  Seems as if reinstalling would have fixed this, as it seems it can't load what it needs to.  Maybe try uninstalling, and then clearing everything related out (or saving it somewhere else if you would like to), and reinstalling.

EDIT: Looking at that path, it seems as if...

.../Mono/libC:/Program F...

there might be a typo in the code somewhere, as that obviously shouldn't exist...?
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

FelipeHC

Thankx for the quickly reply.
No special previleges and I'm using Windows 7. I created the folder you asked, but the log still the same =/ Also, reinstalled again (erasing all content I found after the uninstall) but the problem persist.

FelipeHC

Ok, I've installed the demo and it is working.. might be something with the steam installer?

Karsten75

From reading the original log, it is definitely an issue with where your files are located. There seems to be something not standard with your Steam libraries.

That in turn causes a crash in the game.

Can you open a cmd prompt (Windows key+R) then type cmd in that box. THat will open a command promp. You can copy and paste into that black window by clicking on the icon at the top left of the window and Edit-> paste.

Paste the following commands into the window. Afterwards, a file "test.txt" will be on your desktop.

Upload that file here so I can see if I can spot an issue.

List of commands to paste:

set  > "%homepath%"\desktop\test.txt
dir "%ProgramFiles(x86)%" >> "%homepath%"\desktop\test.txt
dir "%ProgramFiles(x86)%"\Steam\ >> "%homepath%"\desktop\test.txt
dir "%ProgramFiles(x86)%"\Steam\SteamApps\ >> "%homepath%"\desktop\test.txt
dir "%ProgramFiles(x86)%"\Steam\SteamApps\common\ >> "%homepath%"\desktop\test.txt
dir "%ProgramFiles(x86)%"\Steam\SteamApps\common\"creeper world 3"\ >> "%homepath%"\desktop\test.txt
dir "%ProgramFiles(x86)%"\Steam\SteamApps\common\"creeper world 3"\CW3_Data\ >> "%homepath%"\desktop\test.txt

FelipeHC

Done

Karsten75

I'm gobsmacked. Everything seems to be in place.

Here's what I'd suggest, but I'm reaching.

In Steam, in your library, right-click on the game, choose properties.
Turn off cloud sync (you can turn it on if things work out).
Delete local content.

Now in your directory:  "%ProgramFiles(x86)%"\Steam\SteamApps\common\ delete the entire Creeper World 3 folder.

Also in your Documents, if there is a creeper World 3 folder, delete it.

Also in %appdata%  delete the Creeper World 3 folder.

Now reboot your PC

Start Steam back up and try and install.

Let us know if this helped.

FelipeHC

Nothing... =/ After that, I intalled the game on another directory.. but still the error occours. Log attached.

Can I get the installer that is not linked with steam? I want to play the game =(

Thanx for the help

Karsten75

We'll have to wait for Virgil to help you. Sorry.

FelipeHC

Does he check this forums regularly or do I need to do something else?

Karsten75

Timing really sucks for you. Virgil is out of town for a few days and has infrequent access to the forum. I am really sorry for that.

knucracker

FelipeHC,
I've sent  you a message on the forums.  Check "My Messages" at the top of the forums for some more info...

FelipeHC

Thank you dude! This version is working! =D