Main Menu

Terraform bug

Started by miquelfire, March 27, 2014, 03:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miquelfire

Goto any level without a pre-made terp, hit 'G' (or whatever your shortcut is for the terraform panel)

Tjgalon

I am just wondering, how this is a bug?

thejoe66

Just because you don't have a terp doesn't have to mean you cant prepare your land for terraforming
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

miquelfire

You can't access that without a terp with a mouse only. Normally, you have to at least place a terp down before the button appears at the bottom to allow you to do that.

BTW, screenshot is from the VERY FIRST MAP IN THE GAME!

Tjgalon

I say, just cause the menu there with a shortcut key, does not make it a bug.

asmussen

At the very least I'd say it's an inconsistency. If you're going to block off players from accessing the teraforming menu using the clickable button if there aren't any terps, then it probably makes sense to block off access using the keyboard shortcut as well.
Shawn Asmussen

miquelfire

With the logic going on here, I should be able to bring up the forge menu, even though I don't have a forge built yet.

J

You can't do anything in the forge menu without forge, while you actually can do something in the terp menu without terps. The button for terraforming was removed to prevent new players from going to that menu without knowing what they're doing.