Code Maps: Slog Missions

Started by eudrick, June 16, 2011, 05:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyP2000

to paper as Large/High

This is a nice long slog. It has a little of everything in it. Not the cavern of two emitters near the middle, it packs a whole 97.1 mill emitter. I almost think this one is not even possible...or is it?  ???
Vote Tony!

eudrick

go round garden Large/High  Truly fun.  Titan in the middle of the map limits the amount of reactor building and the most logical point of attack takes you thru a nasty field with two smallish emitters.
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

Epsilon

I hope this is a justified "necropost" :p

I had to register for the forum just to post this one, because I LOVE "slog" maps.

bytes source 176 L/H

No experimentals and no surface emitters, so you've got plenty of time to expand if you like to "overbuild" (though I maintain there's no such thing as long as you're not trying for time...)

Most of the map is a nice and "leisurely" set of attacks on ~5M emitters with a smattering of drones. Down at the bottom is where it REALLY gets fun - a good and chunky 175M Titan. There isn't a lot of room to work with either, although I probably attacked from the wrong side. Took me about 40 minutes of setup and attacking to finally get it (after I figured out how to break a Titan xD)

Beginning of the map: (Titan in lower-right)
Spoiler
[close]

After the slog: (Warning: Spoils how to beat it since I'm in the process of it here)
Spoiler
[close]

2b3o4o

Wow! Now this is what I call a slog!:lagsgsghtgftyndfgrdfoy; Large/High