high level emitter

Started by beirirangu, December 05, 2011, 12:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beirirangu

i'm doing a coded mission where i have to defeat a 65323K emitter without experimentals (code: "cake coat go" Large and High) ... so far i can't even get within twelve units without loosing all my blasters and launchers

is there any way to win? or is this just another fluke to trick people into wasting their time trying to win at something that's impossible? cuz that's what it's feeling like...

J

1) post the code for the map in red (so you have cake coat go, no problems with the rest (codes could contain ")), size/complexity in green, that makes cake coat go large/high
2) Post thing about code maps in code mission discussion of CW2
3) There's enough space to get 60+ energy, make sure you still have crystal energy!
4) now you can easily have 40 units firing at the same time

Kithros

You want to use as few blasters/repulsors as possible to have as many launchers as possible firing efficiently (a launcher can do 250K splash damage to the creeper around where it hits - but sometimes the launchers may hit the same area multiple times which can be awkward to deal with - it takes some practice to get this part right) while advancing on the emitter - when possible, try to use shields (like when breaking into the chamber initially if you have to dig to it).

When trying to nullify it you should try to have a row of repulsors with possibly some extras just around where you're trying to nullify, with 3-4 blasters and a lot of launchers still - it's possible to deal with emitters well past that intensity if you manage your energy properly, I've nullified an emitter past 200M on a non-experimental map (possible to go well past that if there's enough space to build too), but if there's a shortage of build space there can be some really challenging emitters to nullify like in one shoe may large/high or grass car three small/high - both of these maps are possible, though quite time consuming (and very difficult in the first case)

Katra

A maker and available ore is quite helpful when going against strong emitters. (Absorbs splashes of thin creeper.) I've had some where having a maker fully charged so I can time out 10% bursts is pretty much the only way to get the job done.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Kithros

Quote from: Katra on December 05, 2011, 04:28:34 PM
A maker and available ore is quite helpful when going against strong emitters. (Absorbs splashes of thin creeper.) I've had some where having a maker fully charged so I can time out 10% bursts is pretty much the only way to get the job done.

I would like to point out that this is only good when going for the nullify - before the nullify it's pretty much a complete waste of ore (and energy building the maker even) to use makers against titan emitters.